Match reports and video highlights from every Premier League game, as Liverpool extended their lead over Leicester and Manchester City to 11 points.
Premier League results
- Newcastle 2-2 Manchester City - full report
- Burnley 0-2 Crystal Palace
- Chelsea 0-1 West Ham
- Liverpool 2-1 Brighton
- Tottenham 3-2 Bournemouth
- Southampton 2-1 Watford
Liverpool 2-1 Brighton
A Virgil Van Dijk double sent Liverpool 11 points clear in the Premier League despite a nervy finish against Brighton after Alisson Becker was sent off.
Two first-half headers from Van Dijk put the leaders on course for a comfortable victory at Anfield but a rash decision from Alisson and a Lewis Dunk reply left them hanging on for a 2-1 success.
Alisson was dismissed for handling outside his area and his replacement Adrian was caught out by the quick-thinking Dunk.
Yet despite a nail-biting conclusion - with Mohamed Salah and Roberto Firmino having already been substituted - the hosts held on to ensure they took full advantage of champions Manchester City's draw at Newcastle earlier in the day.
The tension of the closing moments was in contrast to most of the game, which Liverpool controlled with little alarm.
- Liverpool have equalled their longest ever unbeaten run in the top-flight (W26 D5), also going 31 games without defeat between May 1987-March 1988.
- Brighton have lost nine of their 11 away league games against Liverpool (W1 D1), with their only victory coming in the top-flight in March 1982 (1-0).
- Liverpool have registered 14 consecutive home wins in the Premier League, their second longest home top-flight winning run behind a 21-game streak between January-December 1972.
- Brighton are without a win in their last six away Premier League games (D1 L5), losing each of the last four.
- Liverpool have scored 40 Premier League goals via set-pieces (inc. pens) since August 2018, the most of any side in this period.
- Liverpool are unbeaten in each of their last 98 Premier League games at Anfield when leading at half-time (W89 D9), since a 1-2 defeat to Arsenal in December 2009.
- Since the start of last season, no player has provided more Premier League assists than Liverpool full-back Trent Alexander-Arnold (17).
- Since the start of last season, Virgil van Dijk has scored more Premier League goals than any other defender (7).
- Alisson became the first Liverpool goalkeeper to be sent off in a Premier League game since Doni vs Blackburn in April 2012.
Newcastle 2-2 Manchester City
Jonjo Shelvey further dented Manchester City's hopes of retaining their Premier League title as they were held to a 2-2 draw at Newcastle.
Jetro Willems cancelled out Raheem Sterling's 15th goal of the season but Kevin De Bruyne thought he had won it with a fine 82nd-minute strike.
But Shelvey curled home a brilliant 87th-minute equaliser which, coupled with Martin Dubravka's stoppage-time save from Sterling, ensured the game finished level.
City took the lead when David Silva back-heeled the ball into the path of Sterling after it had ricocheted back to him from Isaac Hayden's challenge and the England forward blasted home from close range.
Newcastle were level within three minutes when Willems played a one-two with Miguel Almiron before thumping a low right-foot drive past Ederson.
Dubravka was powerless when De Bruyne pounced after Mendy's cross had been half-cleared, chesting the ball down before firing home off the underside of the crossbar.
But there was to be a further twist when, with three minutes remaining, substitute Christian Atsu played a free-kick square to Shelvey, who sent a sumptuous curling effort beyond Ederson's despairing dive to snatch a point.
- Newcastle are unbeaten in each of their last four home league games against reigning top-flight champions (W2 D2), for the first time since a run of five ending in February 2003.
- Manchester City have found the net in each of their last 22 Premier League games vs Newcastle – their joint-longest such run in the competition (also 22 vs Fulham in March 2019).
- No Premier League player has scored more goals in all competitions this season than Man City’s Raheem Sterling (15 goals, level with Raul Jimenez).
- On his 24th appearance in the Premier League, Newcastle’s Miguel Almiron has registered his first assist in the competition, with what was his 23rd chance created for a teammate.
- Man City’s Kevin De Bruyne has had a hand in six goals in six Premier League appearances against Newcastle, scoring two and assisting four.
- Of players with at least 15 Premier League goals, only David Ginola (66.7%) and Laurent Robert (65.2%) have scored a higher ratio from outside the box than Newcastle’s Jonjo Shelvey (64.7% - 11/17).
- Eight of Newcastle’s 13 Premier League goals this season have been scored by defenders – the biggest such ratio in the competition (62%).
- Manchester City’s David Silva has been directly involved in more Premier League goals versus Newcastle than against any other side in the competition (11 - 5 goals, 6 assists).
Tottenham 3-2 Bournemouth
Jose Mourinho made it three wins from three as Tottenham boss, recording his first home league victory in the process win a 3-2 victory over Bournemouth that went from comfortable to nervy in the final five minutes.
It is now 16-2 to Spurs on aggregate in home Premier League games against Eddie Howe's side, as the rejuvenated Dele Alli shone at the London Stadium.
Moussa Sissoko also scored his first goal in over two years as Tottenham won their third successive game under the Portuguese, who has brought the feelgood factor back.
Harry Wilson's late double skewed the scoreline and gave Bournemouth hope of an unlikely comeback, but Spurs were not to be denied back-to-back Premier League wins for the first time since April.
They are now just six points behind fourth-placed Chelsea, who they still have to play twice, and there is a real belief that the Champions League places are not so far away.
Bournemouth's slide down the table continues, however, and they have just one win from their last eight games.
- Tottenham have registered back-to-back Premier League wins for the first time this season, last doing so in April this year.
- Bournemouth have lost three consecutive Premier League games for the first time since December 2018 (a run of four).
- Tottenham conceded 20 shots against Bournemouth, last conceding more at home in a Premier League game in September 2015 against Manchester City (22).
- Dele Alli has been directly involved in three goals in his two Premier League games for Tottenham under Jose Mourinho (2 goals, 1 assist), as many as he managed in his last 12 under Mauricio Pochettino.
- Tottenham attacker Son Heung-Min has registered 71 Premier League goal involvements (46 goals, 25 assists), now 31 more than any other Asian player (Park Ji-Sung on 40).
- Moussa Sissoko scored for the first time in 69 Premier League appearances for Tottenham, since netting against Huddersfield in September 2017.
- No player has scored more goals from outside the box (3, level with James Maddison) or from direct free-kicks (2, level with Riyad Mahrez) in the Premier League this season than Bournemouth’s Harry Wilson.
- Since the start of last season, Bournemouth's Jefferson Lerma has picked up 18 yellow cards in the Premier League, more than any other player.
Burnley 0-2 Crystal Palace
Wilfried Zaha scored in back-to-back games for Crystal Palace for the first time since February as the Eagles ended their winless run at Burnley.
After finally breaking his duck for the season in last weekend's loss to Liverpool, the winger struck the opening goal in a 2-0 success at Turf Moor.
Zaha tore Burnley apart here last season and he finished off a driving run just before half-time, while substitute Jeffrey Schlupp took advantage of poor defending to secure the points 12 minutes from time.
Palace had not won since October 5, taking only one point from a run of five very tough fixtures, while the result was a blow to Burnley after back-to-back 3-0 victories.
- Crystal Palace have won their last four league meetings with Burnley, as many as they had in their previous 18 against the Clarets (W4 D8 L6).
- Burnley have lost four of their last six Premier League games (W2), after losing just two of the eight before that.
- Crystal Palace ended a run of five Premier League games without a win and kept a clean sheet for the first time in seven in the competition.
- Burnley mustered 15 shots in total against Crystal Palace, the most the Clarets have managed in a Premier League home game without scoring since August 2017 (20 v West Brom).
- Crystal Palace have won six of their last seven Premier League games played outside of London (L1).
- Wilfried Zaha has scored two goals in his last two Premier League games for Crystal Palace, as many as he managed in his previous 21.
- Wilfried Zaha scored via Crystal Palace’s first shot on target of the game, during first-half injury time.
- Crystal Palace midfielder Jeffrey Schlupp netted for the first time in 21 Premier League games, since scoring against Fulham in February.
Chelsea 0-1 West Ham
Aaron Cresswell fired West Ham to their first Premier League win at Chelsea in 17 years to hand a big boost to under-fire boss Manuel Pellegrini.
Cresswell's third league goal of the campaign sealed the 1-0 Stamford Bridge triumph, ending West Ham's streak of eight matches without a win in all competitions.
The left-back turned Reece James inside out before whipping past Kepa Arrizabalaga to condemn Frank Lampard to defeat in his first match as Chelsea boss against old club West Ham.
The Hammers sealed their first win since the 2-0 home victory over Manchester United on September 22, as Chelsea struggled without injured England striker Tammy Abraham.
Chelsea paid the ultimate price for a string of squandered first-half chances, with Lampard's men surrendering an unbeaten home run of 13 league matches dating back to 2002 against the Hammers.
It was also a memorable Premier League debut for 33-year-old former Millwall goalkeeper David Martin, who kept a clean sheet.
- West Ham earned their first Premier League away win against Chelsea since September 2002, ending a run of 13 without victory at Stamford Bridge in the competition (D4 L9).
- Chelsea lost their first Premier League London derby at Stamford Bridge since April 2018 (1-3 vs Spurs), having gone seven without defeat before today (W6 D1).
- Chelsea didn’t concede a single foul in this game, the first time they’ve ever done so in an entire Premier League game since we have this data recorded (2003-04).
- Chelsea are yet to gain a single point from a losing position in the Premier League this season, losing all four games in which they’ve fallen behind this term.
- Chelsea had 19 shots in this match but failed to score – their most in a league match at Stamford Bridge without finding the net since January 2018 against Bournemouth (21).
- West Ham’s Aaron Cresswell has scored three goals in just nine Premier League appearances this season, his best ever scoring return in a single campaign in the competition.
Southampton 2-1 Watford
Southampton picked up a first home win in nine Premier League games with a dramatic 2-1 victory which leaves fellow strugglers Watford languishing at the bottom.
Saints were in danger of replacing their relegation rivals at the foot of the division until Danny Ings scrambled a 78th-minute equaliser and James Ward-Prowse curled home a fine free-kick five minutes later.
Ismaila Sarr's first top-flight goal looked to have set the Hornets on a course for three precious points on the south coast before the late comeback eased mounting pressure on Southampton boss Ralph Hasenhuttl.
Quique Sanchez Flores' visitors remain six points from safety, while Saints climb above midweek opponents Norwich to 18th position and are only two points below Everton following a first success at St Mary's since mid-April.
- Southampton have won from a losing position at half-time for only the second time in their last 44 Premier League games (D7 L35).
- Watford’s haul of eight points after 14 games is their worst ever return at this stage of a Premier League campaign.
- Southampton ended a run of eight Premier League games without a win (D2 L6).
- Watford have registered just one win in their last 18 Premier League games, drawing six and losing 11.
- Watford’s Ismalia Sarr scored his first-ever Premier League goal with his seventh shot in the competition in his seventh appearance.
- Watford’s Ismalia Sarr is the 27th Senegalese player to score in the Premier League, with only Nigeria boasting more different scorers (31) among African nations.
- Danny Ings has netted seven of Southampton’s 15 Premier League goals this season, (46.7%), the highest proportion of a side’s goals by a player in the competition in 2019-20.
- Each of Southampton’s last 10 Premier League goals has been scored by either Danny Ings (6) or James Ward-Prowse (4).
- Only Matt Le Tissier (7) has scored more direct free-kick goals for Southampton in the Premier League than James Ward-Prowse (5).
Follow Sporting Life on social media - find us on Facebook here or tweet @SportingLifeFC
Related football links
- Dale Tempest: Profit with Pulisic
- Emery sacked by Arsenal
- Manchester City Insider
- This Manager's Life: Danny Cowley
- This Manager's Life: Sabri Lamouchi
- What's it like for a squad when a new manager comes in?
- FM 2020: All you need to know
- Exclusive: Tony Mowbray on management
- Orta: Third time lucky with Bielsa
- Watch: Behind-the-scenes at an EFL club
- Super 6: Enter NOW!
- Fantasy Football: Pick your team now!
- Football results