Wednesday's transfer gossip and football rumours
By Sporting Life
09:14 · WED December 08, 2021
Wednesday's transfer gossip and rumours in the world of football according to the national newspapers.
- Liverpool lead the race to sign Jude Bellingham next summer and hope to exploit their Premier League rivals' obsession with Borussia Dortmund team-mate Erling Haaland.
- Roberto Mancini has denied he'll be Manchester United's next boss.
- Gerhard Struber has turned down Manchester United as their search for an assistant for Ralf Rangnick goes on.
- Ralf Rangnick has told Manchester United's fringe players 'prove to me you have a future here'.
- Antonio Rudiger is on the verge of joining Real Madrid, according to reports.
- West Ham are considering a loan bid for Nathan Ake after being rocked by the news Kurt Zouma faces months on the sidelines through injury.
- Brazilian legend Ronaldo has told critics to stop having a go at Neymar over his partying - and defended the outgoing lifestyle.
THE DAILY TELEGRAPH
- Premier League clubs are on the brink of agreeing new rules for commercial deals that will open the door for Newcastle United's owners to land their first major endorsement from Saudi Arabia.
- Leeds United have been dealt an injury blow with fears Kalvin Phillips will be out for two months with a hamstring injury.
- Tottenham Hotspur are waiting to find out the full severity of a coronavirus outbreak before deciding whether to ask for their Premier League trip to Brighton to be postponed.
- Robert Lewandowski has clarified that he is grateful for Lionel Messi's kind words at last week's Ballon d'Or ceremony, insisting that he was not aggrieved by any perceived lack of sincerity during the Argentine's acceptance speech.
- The Premier League are braced for Tottenham to request the postponement of Sunday's game at Brighton after their Covid outbreak.
- Manchester City are left sweating over the fitness of Phil Foden again after he was forced off during their Champions League defeat to RB Leipzig with another ankle problem.
- Leeds could lose star midfielder Kalvin Phillips until February and be without Patrick Bamford in the shorter term after he injured a hamstring celebrating Sunday's late equaliser against Brentford.
- Jamie Vardy is ready to spearhead Leicester's bid for a place in the Europa League knockout stages as he is set to start a fixture in the competition for the first time this season.
- Newcastle United have hired an external recruitment firm to help in their search for a director of football.
- Kheira Hamraoui is set to return to training with the Paris Saint-Germain women's team a month after she was dragged from a car and beaten on the legs with an iron bar.
- Manchester United ace Dean Henderson could be set for another loan spell away from the club with Ajax interested in a move for the 24-year-old.
- Newcastle United's hopes of signing Ousmane Dembele have been dealt a big blow following reports that Manchester United have entered the race for the Barcelona forward.
- Manchester City star Ferran Torres could be denied his dream move to Barcelona in the wake of reports that the two clubs are miles apart in their valuations of the striker.
- Chelsea could lose their captain Cesar Azpilicueta at the end of the season, with reports claiming that Barcelona want to lure him to the Nou Camp on a free transfer.
- Georginio Wijnaldum is ready to quit Paris Saint-Germain and seal a January return to the Premier League, according to reports.
- West Ham's bid to break into the Premier League's top four has suffered another setback after Kurt Zouma seriously injured his hamstring.
- Premier League clubs are to push for a new regulator that is part of the FA instead of a government-imposed watchdog.
- Celtic's supporters liaison officer laughed off former Hearts chairman Leslie Deans' comment that the clubs should replay their Premiership clash because of refereeing decisions and objects thrown at Barrie McKay.