Wednesday's transfer gossip and football rumours
By Sporting Life
07:33 · WED July 21, 2021
Wednesday's transfer gossip and rumours in the world of football according to the national newspapers.
- Paris Saint-Germain have turned their attention to Paul Pogba and hope to be able to secure the Manchester United midfielder this summer for £50m with his contract beginning to run down.
- Gareth Bale is ready to delay his plans of playing in MLS to see out his contract with Real Madrid.
- Edgar Davids has been fired by Portuguese club Olhanense after seven months in charge with chairman Luis Torres branding his reign as "a disaster".
- Martin Braithwaite's agent launched a furious attack on Jorge Mendes after his client was linked with a move to Wolves.
- Agent Andrea D'Amico claims Arsenal have made an opening £34m offer for Sassuolo midfielder Manuel Locatelli.
- Chelsea are prepared to let Tammy Abraham join Arsenal on loan to speed through a deal.
- Everton have joined the list of clubs keeping tabs on Jesse Lingard's situation at Manchester United.
- Dennis Praet has told Leicester City he is not prepared to sit on the bench again next season.
- A group of investors, including former QPR chief executive Phillip Beard, have seen a £400m takeover bid for West Ham turned down by the club's current owners.
- Arsenal could offer fringe players Reiss Nelson and Ainsley Maitland-Niles to Leicester City as part of an offer for James Maddison.
- Crystal Palace have made an enquiry for Schalke defender Ozan Kabak, who finished last season on loan with Liverpool.
- Martin Braithwaite's agent Hasan Cetinkaya has launched an attack on Jorge Mendes after the Barcelona striker was linked with a move back to England with Wolves.
- Antonio Conte is reportedly waiting for an offer from a club in Europe after being approached by the Netherlands to take over as their national team head coach.
- Arsenal have emerged as favourites to sign Jordan Henderson, should stalled contract talks with Liverpool end in him leaving the club as early as this summer.
- European champions Chelsea are planning to include striker Tammy Abraham as part of a deal to sign West Ham United midfielder Declan Rice this summer.
- A message on Instagram posted by Everton winger Bernard to team-mate Lucas Digne suggests the Brazilian could soon be on his way out of Goodison Park.
- Davinson Sanchez could potentially be involved in any deal with Atalanta for goalkeeper Pierluigi Gollini and defender Cristian Romero.
- Barcelona have turned their attentions to Paulo Dybala and Juventus as possible partners for a swap deal involving Antoine Griezmann after the collapse of a deal with Atletico Madrid.
- Lyon have increased their asking price for Houssem Aouar, who is a possible target for multiple Premier League clubs including Liverpool, to in excess of £25m.
- Rangers have rejected a £600,000 offer from West Ham for teenage winger Kai Kennedy.
- Rangers are facing less competition for Nimes midfielder Zinedine Ferhat with Strasbourg reportedly joining Saint Etienne in pulling out of the race for his signature.