We take a look at the latest stories hitting the back pages, including Manchester United battling it out with Barcelona for a Rennes wonderkid.
- Chelsea will battle Barcelona for £70m-rated Reinier Jesus from Flamengo if their transfer ban is lifted.
- Aston Villa have no plans to sell John McGinn to Manchester United in January - and would only allow him to depart in the summer if an eye-watering offer was lodged.
- Manchester United have reportedly drawn up a shortlist of eight long-term transfer targets.
- Eden Hazard has tipped Frank Lampard to be the best manager in the world after his flying start at Chelsea.
- Cristiano Ronaldo has admitted that Maurizio Sarri was right to substitute him twice for Juventus - as he was playing injured.
- Simon Mignolet has revealed that he left Liverpool because he didn't feel he could fight Alisson for the No.1 shirt.
- Alexis Sanchez could return from injury for Inter Milan quicker than was initially anticipated.
- Algeria manager Djamel Belmadi says he is not interested in Karim Benzema playing for his side after the striker begged France to let him represent another nation.
- New Hibernian manager Jack Ross says he didn't fail at Sunderland.
- Arsenal have also made contact with the father of Reinier Jesus, Spanish reports claim.
- Manchester United and Arsenal are keeping tabs on Hartlepool's giant young keeper Brad Young.
- Arsenal are lining up a £43m January transfer swoop for Villarreal centre back Pau Torres.
- Manchester United are preparing to battle it out with Barcelona to land Rennes wonderkid Eduardo Camavinga.
- Michy Batshuayi insisted he wants to remain at Chelsea despite not being a "full-fledged starter".
THE SCOTTISH SUN
- Rod Petrie's plea for an SPFL shutdown before Scotland's Euro play-off will fall on deaf ears.
- Greg Taylor feels his Scotland team-mates are beginning to fully appreciate the abilities of manager Steve Clarke.
- Celtic forward Odsonne Edouard is on Crystal Palace's radar in January as they hunt for a new striker.
- Borna Barisic has revealed he almost quit Rangers last season but is so glad he didn't.
- Stoke City are eyeing a January move for Aberdeen striker Sam Cosgrove.
- Hibs and St Johnstone 'could be set to battle it out' for ex-Celtic star Efe Ambrose.
- Steve Clarke's plea to scrap top-flight Sunday games ahead of Scotland's Euro 2020 play-off is set to fall on deaf ears if the Old Firm progress in Europe.
- John Hughes wants to speak to Falkirk about replacing Ray McKinnon as manager a decade after he first left the Bairns.
- Lewis Morgan reckons the Hibs squad should get ready for lift-off under Jack Ross as his old gaffer will get the Easter Road men flying again.