Sunday's transfer gossip and football rumours
By Sporting Life
10:42 · SUN April 04, 2021
Sunday's transfer gossip and rumours in the world of football according to the national newspapers.
- Manchester United will have to hand top earner David de Gea a bank-busting pay-off when he leads a huge keeper clear-out at Old Trafford in the summer.
- Erling Haaland has overtaken Lionel Messi as Manchester City's No 1 transfer target.
- Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has told Paul Pogba his future lies at Old Trafford.
- John Terry has emerged as a contender for the vacant Sheffield United manager's job.
- Donny van de Beek has returned from Holland with his shooting boots, says Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
- Shkodran Mustafi has suffered another humiliating moment at Schalke after being dropped from the squad for 'sporting reasons'.
- Roy Hodgson reckons Michy Batshuayi needs to choose his words more carefully when he disappears on international duty.
THE SUN ON SUNDAY
- Real Madrid's hopes of keeping Sergio Ramos next season have been talked up - by the player's parents.
- West Ham could miss out on signing Jesse Lingard - because they failed to put a 'buy' clause in his loan deal.
- Manchester United's Eric Bailly is reportedly wanted by Inter Milan - if the centre-back snubs an Old Trafford contract extension.
- Chelsea have entered the race for Juventus star Adrien Rabiot, according to reports.
- Arsenal star Reiss Nelson is wanted on loan by Olympiacos, according to reports.
- Wolves are eyeing a £15m swoop for Sheffield United hitman Oli McBurnie to give Nuno Espirito Santo extra firepower.
THE MAIL ON SUNDAY
- David Moyes believes his best players should be grateful to be playing for West Ham - and is not at all concerned Jesse Lingard's Manchester United loan deal does not include an option to buy.
- Jack Grealish is being lined up for a key role at the European Championship by Gareth Southgate despite concern among the public that the Aston Villa player might miss out on the squad.
- Premier League data has revealed that there have been fewer injures in the 2020-21 campaign than last season despite the jam-packed schedule but that Liverpool have suffered the most, with stars absent for 1,118 days.
- Newcastle's hierarchy have kicked the onus back on the players by refusing to sack Steve Bruce after their Brighton horror show.
- Paul Tisdale, Frank Lampard and Justin Cochrane will be among the front-runners for the England U21 job - though the FA is expecting scores of applications after Aidy Boothroyd's failure to qualify for the latter stages of the European Championships with a richly talented generation of players.
- Former Southampton and Portsmouth midfielder Jhon Viafara has been handed an 11-year jail sentence after being found guilty of trafficking cocaine into the United States from his native Colombia, according to US prosecutors.
- Roma manager Paulo Fonseca has been added to Crystal Palace's shortlist should Roy Hodgson depart at the end of the season.
- Athletic Bilbao fans have clashed violently with police on the streets of Bilbao ahead of Saturday's delayed Copa Del Rey final against Real Sociedad.
- Uwe Rosler has emerged as a contender for the manager's job at Preston North End.
THE SCOTTISH SUN
- Celtic manager-in-waiting Eddie Howe will target Bournemouth captain Steve Cook as one of his key summer transfers.
- Leicester City boss Brendan Rodgers is ready to try his luck with a bid for Celtic's Callum McGregor.
- Rangers are eyeing up a deal for Manchester United starlet James Garner this summer, according to the player's agent.
- Arsenal are actively looking into a deal to sign Slavia Prague attacker Abdallah Sima for this summer according to reports.