Sunday's transfer gossip and football rumours
By Sporting Life
07:47 · SUN January 17, 2021
Sunday's transfer gossip and rumours in the world of football according to the national newspapers.
- Georginio Wijnaldum will snub Liverpool's last-ditch efforts to keep him at the club - to fulfil a boyhood dream with Barcelona.
- Sadio Mane admitted Manchester United "are better this year" as he sent a rousing message to his Liverpool team-mates ahead of Sunday's derby.
- Manchester United could sanction yet more January exits, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has admitted.
- Manchester United midfielder Fred has issued a plea to team-mate Paul Pogba to stay at the club.
- Frank Lampard has told Timo Werner the only way out of his Premier League goal drought is to "keep working" and by "getting back on the training pitch".
THE SUNDAY TELEGRAPH
- Swansea City are set to land USA forward Jordan Morris in one of the biggest transfer coups of the January window.
THE MAIL ON SUNDAY
- David Moyes has insisted West Ham have had "no contact" from Chelsea or Manchester United regarding a move for Declan Rice.
- Slavisa Jokanovic is weighing up a return to management in England.
- Chelsea look set to try and hold on to Olivier Giroud after the Frenchman's talks over a move to Serie A champions Juventus stalled, according to reports.
- Swansea City midfielder Yan Dhanda is attracting interest from Bournemouth and Leeds United.
- Aston Villa have opened talks with Marseille over a deal for midfielder Morgan Sanson.
- Josh King's move to West Ham is being held up over his wage demands.
📷 Our best bets for the latest Premier League action https://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/todays-premier-league-tips/188254
THE SUN ON SUNDAY
- West Ham are reportedly interested in signing Reims striker Boulaye Dia - but must pay £15m if they are to land him.
- Manchester United star Juan Mata could be on the verge of a return to Valencia, according to reports in Spain.
THE SUNDAY TIMES
- Plans to use the revolutionary "Swiss system" format for the Champions League will increase in pace over the next two weeks when Uefa holds more talks on the reform with the different stakeholders of European football.
- Crystal Palace captain Luka Milivojevic and the club's on-loan striker Michy Batshuayi were involved in a training ground altercation before Thursday's draw with Arsenal.
- Jurgen Klopp believes Liverpool's players have shown renewed focus for Sunday's top-of-the-table showdown with Manchester United after a team meeting in the wake of last week's defeat at Southampton.
DAILY STAR ON SUNDAY
- Celtic have reportedly lowered their asking price for in-demand striker Odsonne Edouard - which could tempt Arsenal into launching an offer.