We take a look at what's hitting the back pages on Friday, including Arsenal reportedly sending scouts to watch Leicester's Caglar Soyuncu.
- Rangers are considering taking legal action against HMRC after it appeared to admit it was wrong to have claimed £50m in penalties from the club's former operating company, which went into liquidation in 2012 and triggered one of the biggest club crises in Scottish football history.
- Newcastle are interested in signing Granit Xhaka on loan in January if he wants to stay in the Premier League.
- Frank Lampard will make another attempt to add Shay Given to his Chelsea coaching staff amid concerns about goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabalaga.
- Mason Greenwood and Rhian Brewster are to be given their chance to shine by England U21 boss Aidy Boothroyd.
- Sheffield Wednesday could face a points deduction following Thursday's charge of financial misconduct.
- Bayern Munich right-back Joshua Kimmich said he would enjoy a reunion with Pep Guardiola as rumours continue to grow linking the Manchester City boss with a return to Germany.
- Arsenal have reportedly sent scouts to watch Leicester defender Caglar Soyuncu in international action.
- Liverpool are interested in Genk youngster Sander Berge, according to his boss.
- Bolton will find out on Friday whether their failure to fulfil fixtures will cost them more points.
- Manuel Pellegrini has received a welcome boost with Jack Wilshere back in West Ham training.
- The Sunderland chairman, Stewart Donald, has described his decision to borrow £9m from a group of United States-based investors as a "win-win" scenario for the League One club and claims he and his co-owners, Charlie Methven and Juan Sartori, are shouldering all the risk.
- Inter Milan manager Antonio Conte has joined the race to take Olivier Giroud out of Chelsea in January.
- Borussia Dortmund are the latest European giants to have joined the chase for Chelsea's out-of-favour striker Olivier Giroud.
- One of manager Mauricio Pochettino's many beefs with Tottenham is their failure to pursue Philippe Coutinho in the summer.
- Chelsea will be able to sign Elseid Hysaj for free next summer after the player's agent revealed the Blues failed in a £43m bid this year.
- Manchester City are set to escape a ban from the Champions League, with the domestic treble winners being investigated for breaches of Financial Fair Play.
- Everton are lining up a £12m January move for Nottingham Forest winger Matty Cash.
- Peterborough have placed a staggering £13m price tag on striker Ivan Toney.
- Hearts have held talks with Stuart McCall and he will team up with Jambos legend Kenny Black if he lands the manager's job.
- Adam Bogdan is set to re-sign for Hibs with the former Liverpool 'keeper close to penning a deal until January at Easter Road.
- Celtic were dealt an injury blow on Thursday, learning that Hatem Abd Elhamed will be out for six weeks ruling him out of the Betfred Cup final.
- Hibernian are set to appoint Jack Ross as their new boss within 48 hours.
- Liam Palmer has taken a swipe at the Scotland national team under Alex McLeish and insists the Tartan Army are on the right track under Steve Clarke.
THE SCOTTISH SUN
- Hearts have interviewed Neil McCann and Stuart McCall but have not given up on Stephen Robinson as they get set to approach Motherwell.