A look at the latest news and gossip from Thursday's back pages.
- Mesut Ozil fears he could have played his last game for Arsenal.
- Manchester United have reached a verbal agreement to sign Juventus striker Mario Mandzukic in the new year, according to a report in Italy.
- Manchester United may renew their interest in Ivan Rakitic after the midfielder admitted he may have to quit Barcelona in search of regular first-team football.
THE DAILY TELEGRAPH
- Gareth Southgate has been picking the brains of England's Cricket World Cup-winning captain Eoin Morgan as he plots how to turn the country's footballers into European champions.
- Undercover racism spotters have been commissioned by UEFA amid heightened abuse fears during England's Euro 2020 qualifier in Bulgaria.
- Gareth Southgate is considering handing Mason Mount his full England debut on Friday at the expense of Chelsea team-mate Ross Barkley.
- Manchester United released Dwight McNeil at 14 because his set-pieces were deemed not good enough.
- Arsenal are monitoring Feyenoord's teenage midfielder Orkun Kokcu.
- Jose Mourinho has rejected an opportunity to take the vacant Lyon job, according to reports in France.
- A number of Manchester United's senior players are reportedly 'unconvinced' by first-team coach Kieran McKenna after the club's dreadful start to the season.
- Arsenal and Crystal Palace are among the Premier League clubs keeping a close eye on Salzburg forward Hwang Hee-chan.
- Pep Guardiola claims Phil Foden is the only player Manchester City will never sell - even for €500m.
- Dani Ceballos missed Spain training with a hamstring problem on Tuesday in a worrying injury update for Arsenal boss Unai Emery.
THE SCOTTISH SUN
- Oli Burke will lead the line for Scotland against Russia in Moscow - as Steve Clarke targets 12 points from the final four qualifiers.
- Steve Clarke has failed in a bid to persuade Southampton 'keeper Angus Gunn to play for Scotland.
- Paul Heckingbottom will discover his fate over his SFA charge at a Hampden hearing on Thursday.
- Rangers star Jermain Defoe is the fourth most popular footballer in the UK, according to a survey.
Follow Sporting Life on social media - find us on Facebook here or tweet @SportingLifeFC
Related football links
- WATCH: Premier League MD8 highlights
- Rodgers upset with Mane pen
- Watch all the Championship goals
- Lloris out with elbow injury
- Pochettino calls for Spurs unity
- Premier League - As it happened
- Watch: PL Goal of the Month September nominees
- Lampard tips Abraham for England success
- Southgate warns Premier League stars
- Pope eyes England number one spot
- My Football Life: James Coppinger
- Super 6: Enter NOW!
- Fantasy Football: Pick your team now!
- Football results