A round-up of all the major football news and gossip from the back pages as Real Madrid target Raheem Sterling.
- Real Madrid are targeting Raheem Sterling as part of their plan to rebuild the squad with Zinedine Zidane a big fan of the England international.
- Wolves midfielder Joao Moutinho has revealed he nearly joined Everton and Tottenham before moving to Molineux.
- Newcastle goalkeeper Martin Dubravka could leave the club if he is not given a pay rise, according to his agent.
- Manchester City want to hire Roma midfielder Daniele De Rossi as an academy coach when he retires as a player.
- Fulham players were left baffled by Claudio Ranieri's bizarre training regime of playing handball the day before games.
- Olivier Giroud has thrown his Chelsea future in doubt after saying there is no chance he stays in his current role as a reserve.
- Arsenal approached Rennes over a transfer of their star Ismaila Sarr straight after their 3-1 defeat in France last week.
- Kylian Mbappe and Adrien Rabiot were both fined £150,000 for turning up late to a Paris Saint-Germain team meeting.
- Newcastle have been ordered by the FA to hand over all their files from their 14-month internal investigation into alleged bullying by Peter Beardsley.
Click the image below to read our live match companion for Saturday's football action...
- Manchester City are expected to be hit with the same FIFA transfer ban as Chelsea for allegedly breaching rules on youth players.
- Leicester are adamant that it will take a huge offer for Ben Chilwell to leave this summer because the club have removed all release clauses from their players' contracts after losing N'Golo Kante to Chelsea three years ago.
Fulham are quoting an asking price of £40m for Aleksandar Mitrovic.
- Keith Wyness, the former Aston Villa chief executive, is acting as a broker in an attempt to sell Derby.
- Steven Gerrard accepts he could be sacked if he cannot settle Rangers' transfer plans or bring a trophy to Ibrox next season.
- Chris Brunt is keen to stay at West Brom but accepts players will be sold if promotion is not achieved this season.
- Chelsea will escape punishment for making alleged illegal payments to the father of defender Andreas Christensen, as they were declared during a Premier League amnesty period in 2015.
THE DAILY TELEGRAPH
- England manager Gareth Southgate is set to call up James Ward-Prowse following Jordan Henderson's injury blow.
- Pep Guardiola has urged England to allow John Stones not to report for duty, saying the Manchester City defender is unfit for the Euro 2020 qualifiers against Czech Republic and Montenegro.
- Crystal Palace's Wilfried Zaha suffered a calf strain in training and is a doubt to face Watford in the FA Cup this weekend.
- Steven Gerrard has vowed to take Rangers from toxic to trophy winners or pay the ultimate price by the end of next season.