Transfer rumours and football gossip: Ousmane Dembele, Jesse Lingard, Aaron Ramsey
By Sporting Life
07:11 · FRI January 21, 2022
Read the latest football gossip and transfer rumours from the national newspapers with Sporting Life's Paper Talk.
- Everton's shortlist for their managerial vacancy is down to three with Italy great Fabio Cannavaro, who has spent recent years working in China, reported to have interviewed well.
- Al Hilal are prepared to pay the entirety of Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang's £350,000-a-week wage to tempt the Arsenal striker to Saudi Arabia.
- Crystal Palace have withdrawn their interest in Aaron Ramsey despite the Juventus midfielder admitting he would be open to working with Selhurst Park boss Patrick Vieira.
- Newcastle have made a second loan offer for Manchester United and England forward Jesse Lingard after their opening bid was rebuffed earlier this week.
- Manchester United fear losing Cristiano Ronaldo at the end of the season will leave the club's plans to tour North America in the summer in chaos.
- Paris Saint-Germain are to open a new academy in Wales to add to the 15 football schools they already have in England.
- Arsenal are reportedly set to make Dusan Vlahovic the club's second-highest paid player in an attempt to finally lure him to London.
- Chelsea are among a multitude of clubs considering a move for Barcelona outcast Ousmane Dembele.
- Brentford have stepped up their pursuit of Hull City wonderkid Keane Lewis-Potter but are likely to face stiff competition from Tottenham.
- Bayern Munich have joined Manchester United and Arsenal in the race to sign Borussia Monchengladbach midfielder Denis Zakaria.
- Oleksandr Zinchenko wants to fight for his place at Manchester City despite interest from La Liga club Real Betis.
- Arsenal are willing to let defenders Calum Chambers and Cedric Soares leave the club in January as they look to refresh their right-back options.
- American businessman Rich Riley is in talks to save Derby County with a £7m windfall of funds they need to avoid being kicked out of the EFL.
- Liverpool have rejected two offers from Watford for Nat Phillips.
- Spain's football player union has warned Barcelona over the "sign new deal or leave in January" ultimatum given to Ousmane Dembele earlier this week.
- Atalanta are toying with the idea of cashing in on Robin Gosens, with the left-sided Germany international already being scouted by Newcastle United.
- Paris Saint-Germain are looking to extend Xavi Simons' contract in a blow to Giovanni van Bronckhorst's hopes of tempting him to Rangers in the summer.
- Kyle Lafferty is set to make his return to Scottish football and sign a short-term deal to return to Championship side Kilmarnock.