Mikel Arteta is set to aim at bringing Manchester City and England defender John Stones to Arsenal, according to today's back pages.
- Manchester City defender John Stones is a shock target for Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta.
- Chelsea have taken 18-year-old former Wolves starlet Kaden May on trial until the end of January.
- Manchester United and Chelsea have got their eyes on 19-year-old Hellas Verona defender Marash Kumbulla.
- Hull City have emerged as the leading contenders in the race to sign Chelsea youngster Tariq Uwakwe.
- Tottenham boss Jose Mourinho fears injured England striker Harry Kane could be out until next season and miss Euro 2020.
- Jose Mourinho wants two strikers this January to cover for the injury to Harry Kane, with Krzysztof Piatek and Edinson Cavani on his shortlist.
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer sent his personal scout to report on West Ham's Declan Rice at the weekend ahead of a summer move for the England midfielder.
THE DAILY TELEGRAPH
- Newcastle are offering Dwight Gayle to Championship clubs on a "free" loan but will demand a huge £20m fee on promotion.
- Christian Eriksen is a step closer to leaving Tottenham after reaching an agreement in principle with Inter Milan worth about £100,000 a week after tax.
- Arsenal are happy to see Shkodran Mustafi leave this month with Galatasaray looking like the favourites to sign him.
- Leeds United boss Marcelo Bielsa is still desperate to land Southampton forward Che Adams.
- Steve Bruce is set for face-to-face talks with Mike Ashley this week as the club holds a transfer window summit.
THE DAILY EXPRESS
- Atletico Madrid have made Arsenal and France forward Alexandre Lacazette their number one target should they fail to sign PSG striker Edinson Cavani.
- Celtic hope to complete a double January swoop with deals for Ivory Coast midfielder Ismaila Soro and Polish striker Patryk Klimala on Tuesday.
- Celtic's Lewis Morgan has agreed a three-year deal with David Beckam's new club Inter Miami.
- Ross County are trying to sign Oli Shaw from Hibernian.
THE SCOTTISH SUN
- Hearts have offered captain Christophe Berra to St Johnstone as a sweetener as they try to land winger Matty Kennedy.
- Germany forward Thomas Muller could be leaving Bayern Munich after 20 years at the club, with Manchester United ready to move for the 30-year-old in the summer. (Sport 1)
- Nigerian billionaire Aliko Dangote says he is looking to buy Arsenal in 2021. (Evening Standard)
- Blackburn's former forward Martin Olsson is expected to spend a week training with Sky Bet Championship side West Brom. (Lancashire Telegraph)
- In-form Southampton hitmat Danny Ings is worthy of a place in Gareth Southgate's England squad, according to Leicester manager Brendan Rodgers - the man who signed him for Liverpool. (Sky Sports)
- Liverpool have offered 15m euros (£12.8m) to Trabzonspor for their 23-year-old Turkish goalkeeper Ugurcan Cakir. (Sabah, via Sport Witness)
- Bournemouth defender Steve Cook says "there are things not right all across the pitch" at the struggling Premier League outfit. (Bournemouth Echo)
- Leeds would enhance the Premier League, says former Elland Road boss Howard Wilkinson, who guided them to the English title in 1991-92. (Talksport)