A look at the latest news and gossip from Monday's back pages.
- Paul Pogba admitted he was "gutted" after Manchester United lost to Bournemouth as he continues his recovery from injury.
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic is thought to be closing in on a return to former club AC Milan.
- Peter Schmeichel has expressed his sympathy for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer after claiming the Manchester United boss has an "average squad" at his disposal.
- Arsenal coach Freddie Ljungberg is reportedly ready to step in and take over should the club decide to sack Unai Emery.
- Unai Emery is facing a make-or-break month as he is left fighting to save his job as Arsenal boss.
- RB Salzburg are yet to receive an offer from Manchester United, or any other club, for highly-rated striker Erling Braut Haaland - according to the club's sporting director Christoph Freund.
- Unai Emery is fighting to save his job amid concerns in the Arsenal squad about his coaching methods.
- Bolton's former players have been told they will pick up their outstanding five months' worth of wages on Wednesday.
- Steven Gerrard insists Rangers goal machine Alfredo Morelos is going nowhere in the January transfer window.
- Netherlands manager Ronald Koeman revealed there is a clause in his contract that would allow him to leave his job after Euro 2020, but only for Barcelona.
- Kylian Mbappe will play for Real Madrid one day according to Vadim Vasilyev, president of the striker's former club Monaco.
- Cardiff City failed to convince FIFA to hold Nantes "liable" over the death of Emiliano Sala and could now face a three-window transfer ban if they continue to refuse to pay the fee for the late striker.
- Adam Lallana is emerging as a target for clubs in China and Major League Soccer with his Liverpool contract running out this summer, although he will be offered a new deal at Anfield.
- Verona manager, Ivan Juric, has denied there was any racist abuse directed towards Brescia forward Mario Balotelli in Serie A at the weekend. (THE GUARDIAN)
- Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane is keen on signing William Saliba - despite him having only joined Arsenal in the summer from St Etienne where he is back on loan. (DAILY EXPRESS)
- Roma are already keen to make Manchester United defender Chris Smalling's loan spell permanent, with an £8.6m offer being readied the the 29-year-old. (CALCIO MERCATO)
Take the latest Sporting Life survey for your chance to win tickets to Cheltenham, Ascot, Doncaster or an EFL match.
Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola has accusing Liverpool's star forward Sadio Mane of diving.
Chelsea boss Frank Lampard says VAR is "not in a great place" after more controversy in his side's 2-1 victory at winless Watford.