A look at the highlights from Thursday's back pages.
- Roma are set to make a late £15m bid for Liverpool's out-of-favour defender Dejan Lovren
- Arsenal are prepared to allow Nacho Monreal to join Real Sociedad this week if the veteran full-back asks to leave.
- Tiemoue Bakayoko is pushing to be allowed to rejoin AC Milan after being frozen out at Chelsea.
- Arsenal youngster Sam Greenwood is a shock target for Italian giants Juventus and AC Milan.
- Gareth Southgate is set to shake up the England squad with Harry Winks in line for a recall.
- Neymar's move to Barcelona is on the brink of collapse after Ousmane Dembele's agent said his player wouldn't be leaving the Nou Camp.
- Asmir Begovic has revealed he wants to leave Bournemouth after falling out with boss Eddie Howe over his lack of playing time.
- England legend Paul Gascoigne has backed James Maddison as the creative heir to his position in the national team.
- Jurgen Klopp has cast doubt on Liverpool's chances of retaining the Champions League because the competition has never been stronger.
- Barcelona are planning on announcing the signing PSG star Neymar on Thursday with transfer talks ongoing.
THE SCOTTISH SUN
- Celtic are set to move for Leicester ace Fousseni Diabate before the transfer deadline.
- Kilmarnock have rejected a bid worth under £1m from Sunderland for Greg Taylor, according to reports.
- AIK Stockholm have revealed Celtic have handed back 1,000 tickets for their Europa League clash.
- Celtic are targeting Salzburg full-back Gideon Mensah after his proposed move to Barcelona broke down.
- Rangers legend Paul Gascoigne has urged fans of his old club to cut out the sectarian singing in Sunday's Old Firm showdown.
LONDON EVENING STANDARD
- Real Sociedad are pushing hard to sign Arsenal defender Nacho Monreal before Monday's European transfer deadline.
- Barcelona director Jordi Bordas says there is still no agreement to sign Neymar, but claimed a transfer was 'closer' after talks in Paris on Tuesday.
- Reiss Nelson is confident he is ready to seize the opportunity to become a first-team regular for Arsenal this season.
- Real Madrid are reportedly interested in signing Maarten Stekelenburg from Everton, according to reports.
- Liverpool's brand new home strip is the most popular in the United Kingdom, having almost doubled in demand from last season.
- Everton are yet to rule out Jean-Philippe Gbamin needing surgery on his injured quadriceps.
- Everton youngster Anthony Gordon continued his fine recent form with a wondergoal against Mansfield Town on Tuesday night.
- Matty Longstaff could make his competitive debut for Newcastle United's first team against Leicester after impressing Steve Bruce 'enormously' since his appointment as the club's new head coach.
- Newcastle United are unlikely to risk either Miguel Almiron or Joelinton in the League Cup clash against Leicester City. It means that Japan striker Yoshinori Muto could get his chance to lead the line against the Foxes.
- Sunderland are set to do battle with Scottish champions Celtic to sign Kilmarnock left-back Greg Taylor.
- Sheffield Wednesday's caretaker manager Lee Bullen has ruled out the sale of Sunderland target Morgan Fox.
- West Brom boss Slaven Bilic has confirmed that Rekeem Harper and Oliver Burke will both 'definitely' be staying at the club. (Birmingham Mail)
- Giannelli Imbula has been offered a way out of his Stoke City nightmare. The 26-year-old is in demand with Italian top-flight side Lecce, according to reports. (Stoke Sentinel)
- Brad Smith admits he is unsure where his future lies from the end of November. The Australian full-back is currently on loan from Cherries at MLS side Seattle Sounders, with his stay in America recently extended having initially joined the club in August 2018 on a deal until June this year. But he is now set to stay Stateside for the remainder of the MLS season, which culminates in November. (Bournemouth Echo)
- Javi Gracia wants to help Danny Welbeck return to his top form, after the new Watford signing played his first full game for the club against Coventry City on Tuesday evening. (Watford Observer)
- Brighton's Jurgen Locadia could make a loan move to the Bundesliga. The Argus understands a move to Hoffenheim is "a possibility" ahead of the summer window closing across Europe. (The Argus)
- David Luiz says there is "no better opportunity" than a north London derby for Arsenal to prove their mettle after a dispiriting defeat at Liverpool put the brakes on their impressive start to the season. (Football.London)
The third round draw for the Carabao Cup has been made, with Portsmouth draw against Southampton and Rochdale meeting Manchester United.
Click the image above to check out the draw.
Charlton have enjoyed a more than positive start to the season. Tom Carnduff looks at Jonny Williams' huge impact so far.
We look at players such as James Maddison and Mason Mount, who are expected to make Gareth Southgate's latest England squad on Thursday.
Get all you need to know about the Champions League draw including how it works, how the big teams have been seeded and TV times.