Transfer rumours and football gossip: Paul Pogba, Harry Kane Raphael Varane and more
By Sporting Life
12:10 · SAT July 24, 2021
Read the latest football gossip and transfer rumours from the national newspapers with Sporting Life's Paper Talk.
- Manchester United are anticipating an approach from Paris Saint-Germain for Paul Pogba before the close of the transfer window next month.
- Manchester City remain determined to sign Harry Kane from Tottenham this summer but have no intention of paying £160m for the England striker.
- The government's independent fan-led review of football governance has formally recommended the introduction of a new 'Independent Regulator for English Football' (Iref) - with powers to block any future European Super League and police club ownership.
- Premier League and EFL clubs face a potential battle with the PFA over proposals to insert vaccination clauses into player contracts.
- Chelsea have been forced to bring a premature end to their pre-season camp in the Republic of Ireland after a possible positive Covid-19 test from one of their players.
- AC Milan are reportedly pushing to sign Chelsea's Hakim Ziyech on loan, with the Morocco international wanting to know if he figures in Thomas Tuchel's plans moving forward.
- Brentford have announced the signing of midfielder Myles Peart-Harris from Chelsea on a four-year contract, continuing the exodus of young players from the club.
- Everton and Crystal Palace are weighing up moves for Aston Villa midfielder Marvelous Nakamba before the close of the transfer window.
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp played down the chances of Virgil van Dijk and Joe Gomez making their long-awaited comebacks from injury during the club's pre-season tour of Austria.
- Leeds United hope to complete the signing of Valerenga goalkeeper Kristoffer Klaesson next week, pending a work permit.
- Harry Kane believes Tottenham Hotspur are willing to sell him this summer in what he considers is a shift in the club's position.
- Arsenal will not be offering a new contract to Alexandre Lacazette and are inviting bids for their former record signing while the Gunners push ahead with a move for Chelsea's Tammy Abraham.
- Fulham are closing in on a £10m move for Liverpool winger Harry Wilson.
- Crystal Palace have rivalled Leicester by making a move for Schalke defender Ozan Kabak, according to reports.
- Manchester City are ready to play the long game in their bid to sign England captain Harry Kane.
- Barcelona will host Juventus in a pre-season friendly in August, which could see Lionel Messi face off against Cristiano Ronaldo once again.
- Manchester United are reportedly reassessing Facundo Pellistri's place in the squad after he impressed in pre-season.
- Chelsea starlet Dujon Sterling could be set for a first-team role after impressing during pre-season.
- Bournemouth's mega-rich owner could be considering selling up.
- Manchester United have signed 35-year-old defender Paul McShane to play for and coach the club's U23s side.
- Barcelona have set themselves an end date of August 15 to get their financial issues sorted and to have Lionel Messi's new contract signed and delivered to La Liga.
- Sir Alex Ferguson has already given his blessing for Manchester United to sign Raphael Varane.
Harry Kane discusses his future with Gary Neville | The Overlap Xtra
- In-demand Jonson Clarke-Harris is interested in joining Rangers amid a host of teams across Europe circling around the free-scoring Peterborough striker.
- Ukrainian winger Marian Shved has left Celtic after two-and-a-half years of Parkhead limbo.
- Rangers fans have been given an 11th-hour attendance increase for their friendly double header this weekend.
- Brighton are poised to step up their interest in Odsonne Edouard and are ready to launch a £20m bid for the Celtic striker.
- Arsenal are ready to meet Tammy Abraham's wage demands to bring the Chelsea forward to the Emirates this summer.