Tuesday's Paper Talk features Aston Villa's bid for Burnley's Tom Heaton and Real Madrid trying to find the funds to buy Paul Pogba.
- Liverpool will push on with contract talks with Champions League hero Divock Origi as they prioritise reaffirming his commitment to the club.
- Ander Herrera says he decided to leave Manchester United after failing to be convinced about his importance to the club's future plans.
- Aston Villa are playing the waiting game on a loan deal for Manchester United defender Axel Tuanzebe.
- Carlo Cudicini will not be part of Frank Lampard's Chelsea backroom staff, but the club's former goalkeeper will be asked to stay at Stamford Bridge in a new role.
- RB Leipzig have made an improved £22.5m offer for Ademola Lookman.
- Real Madrid are looking to sell Colombian forward James Rodriguez, 27, to raise funds for a £150m move for Manchester United's French midfielder Paul Pogba.
- Bayern Munich expect German winger Leroy Sane o decide next week whether he wants to join them from Manchester City.
- Manchester City are close to signing 16-year-old England Under-17 midfielder Morgan Rogers from West Brom.
- Romelu Lukaku is hoping to be an Inter Milan player by the time they face Manchester United on July 20.
- West Ham were worried Marko Arnautovic would go on strike if he stayed at the club beyond the transfer deadline.
- Atletico Madrid have opened disciplinary proceedings against Antoine Griezmann that could result in a fine after he failed to turn up for training.
- Daniel James has stunned his Manchester United team-mates by topping the pre-season fitness tests.
- Aston Villa have slapped in a £7m bid for Burnley's unsettled England keeper Tom Heaton.
- Manchester United are duelling PSG for Tiemoue Bakayoko and have already contacted Chelsea about the France midfielder, according to reports.
- Sheffield United have made a £3m offer for Nottingham Forest midfielder Ben Osborn.
- Manchester United are struggling to find a buyer for Marcos Rojo after placing a valuation of £25m on the Argentina international.
- Blackpool are keeping tabs on Rangers' comeback star Jamie Murphy.
- Oxford hope to take Stuart Findlay out of Kilmarnock as Laurentiu Branescu checks in.
Related football links