Friday's transfer gossip and football rumours
By Sporting Life
06:47 · FRI December 03, 2021
Friday's transfer gossip and rumours in the world of football according to the national newspapers.
- Arsenal are plotting a £60m move for Everton and England striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin in the summer when it appears they will lose Alexandre Lacazette on a free transfer.
- Ferran Torres has reportedly moved closer to the Manchester City exit door amid reports in Spain Pep Guardiola has told him he will not stop a move to Barcelona.
- Gabriel Barbosa remains committed to Flamengo despite being linked with a move to the Premier League in January, according to his agent.
- Liverpool have reportedly opened talks with highly-rated young Barcelona defender Ronald Araujo.
- Robert Lewandowski has, according to reports in Spain, told his agent to prioritise a summer move to Real Madrid.
- Xavi has been given the go-ahead to boost his Barcelona squad in January.
- Australian professional footballer Josh Cavallo has admitted he was 'not enjoying life' pretending to be straight and would worry about coming out to his friends and family during matches. He also revealed he has not heard anything from world governing body FIFA since he went public in October.
- Edinson Cavani wants to leave Manchester United and join Barcelona when his contract expires next summer.
- Premier League clubs will draw up plans to fight proposals to give more money to the Championship via a transfer tax, with chairmen arguing it could mean propping up the likes of relegation favourites Newcastle United - now owned by Saudi Arabia's sovereign wealth fund.
- Cristiano Ronaldo could face questioning by investigators looking into Juventus' transfer dealings amid talk of a secret agreement over wages deferred at the start of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Manchester United star Alex Telles is being tracked by both Inter and AC Milan.
- Everton may reportedly axe boss Rafa Benitez or director of football Marcel Brands as a power struggle engulfs the club.
- Thibaut Courtois could be tempted into making a surprise move to Newcastle - but only if the price is right.
- Reports in Spain claim Isco, a possible transfer target for Arsenal, has refused to warm up while on the subs' bench during Real Madrid's last three games.
- Chelsea are battling with Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Ajax for the signature of FC Copenhagen wonderkid Roony Bardghji.
- Saul Niguez fears he is caught in a trap at Chelsea as his dream loan move turns into a nightmare.
- John Barnes reckons Wolves star Adama Traore could be a good buy for Liverpool if he's willing to sit on the bench.
- Lionel Messi's four-star MiM Sitges Hotel has reportedly been ordered to be demolished after it was found not to meet city standards, with a court order pending.
- Edinson Cavani is set to lead a six-man exodus at Manchester United as Ralf Rangnick begins his reign at Old Trafford.
- Barcelona have issued a contract "ultimatum" to Ousmane Dembele, who is free to speak to overseas clubs in January and has been linked with a possible move to Manchester United.
- Agents are worried January could be a quiet month for transfers despite Newcastle United's new owners being likely to make some significant moves.
- Newcastle United's new owners are sure they will be able to bring in their targets in January and are yet to find any reluctance from rival clubs to deal with them.
- The 20 Premier League clubs want an emergency meeting this week to outline their stance in opposition to the independent regulator proposed in Tracey Crouch MP's government-led review, and row back on what many see as chief executive Richard Masters' acceptance of it.
- Steve Redgrave is out of the running to become British Rowing's new performance director after he failed to make the final round of interviews.
- Former West Ham striker Marlon Harewood has revealed he "could have been killed" by triad gangsters during a spell in Chinese football after some dressing room banter was misunderstood.
- Arsenal have identified Benfica striker Darwin Nunez as a possible alternative to Fiorentina's Dusan Vlahovic as hopes of a move for the latter begin to wane.
- Newcastle are targeting four English stars, including Tottenham midfielder Harry Winks and Manchester United forward Jesse Lingard, as part of their January squad rebuild.
- Hasan Cetinkaya, the vice-president of Belgian Second Division club KV Westerlo, has revealed his dream to have close friend Eden Hazard play for the club before his retirement.
- Rangers have become the first Scottish club to partner with the Football Business Academy after being praised for their "ambitious vision".
- PSG wonderkid Xavi Simon appears unlikely to join Rangers despite reports in Spain linking him with the Ibrox club.