Monday's Paper Talk: Football transfer news, rumours and gossip including Dembele, Giroud and Khedira
By Sporting Life
07:36 · MON November 30, 2020
Manchester United could sign Barcelona winger Ousmane Dembele in January, Sami Khedira wants a move to England and David Beckham is desperate to sign Olivier Giroud for Inter Miami.
- Newcastle United have received another two positive Covid tests and are now waiting nervously to learn whether they have suffered a mass infection within the first-team squad.
- Chelsea and West Ham are among the clubs monitoring the situation of RB Leipzig left-back Matthew Bondswell.
- Burnley will look at the list of players with expiring contracts when their proposed takeover goes through including Jack Cork and Robbie Brady.
- Appetite is growing for the Indian Premier League to expand from eight to 10 teams from as early as the 2021 season, in a move that would have huge implications for England and the rest of the world game.
- Giselle Mather, Wasps' director of rugby, has led calls for the Premier 15s to secure its first television deal so that the women's domestic game can "become commercially out there".
- Fit-again West Ham talisman Michail Antonio is keen to start against Aston Villa after being out of action for three games due to a hamstring injury.
- All-action Kalvin Phillips looks a dead cert for Gareth Southgate's England line-up after an impressive display against Everton.
- VAR did its job by awarding Brighton a penalty for Andy Robertson's challenge on Danny Welbeck...I'd have given the same decision, says Mark Clattenburg.
- Chris Wilder fears Sheffield United risk becoming 'detached' at the bottom of the table as they approach a tough run of fixtures in December and is targetting a 17th-placed finish.
- Philippe Coutinho admits playing for Liverpool in the Premier League was "exciting" and says he will always be grateful for having represented the Anfield club.
- Sami Khedira has once again talked up a move to the Premier League with a fresh transfer admission.
- Manchester United will revive their interest in Barcelona winger Ousmane Dembele in January, according to reports in Spain.
- Manchester United matchwinner Edinson Cavani faces a possible three-match ban for a 'racist' celebratory post-game comment.
- Super rich Jonathan Rowland is the mystery man behind a dramatic late bid to save Wigan.
- Arsenal have completed the signing of talented 15-year-old defender Reuell Walters from Manchester United.
- David Beckham will pull out all the stops to bring French World Cup winner Olivier Giroud to Inter Miami, according to reports.
- Diego Maradona's agent once tried to secure the late Argentina great a Premier League manager's job at Aston Villa.
- Manchester United want to offload defenders as they are interested in signing Villareal centre-back Pau Torres.
- Former England footballer Steve Hodge said he will not flog Diego Maradona's Hand Of God shirt - even though it is worth £1m following the football legend's death.
- Neil Lennon is on the brink of leaving Celtic after fans called for his sacking.
- Jack Wilshere has quashed rumours linking him with a move to Rangers.