Tuesday's Paper Talk has the latest football gossip including David de Gea's new deal at Manchester United and Real Madrid's interest in Liverpool's Virgil van Dijk.
- David de Gea is close to finally agreeing a new £290k-a-week contract with Manchester United.
- Paul Pogba has been told the "door is open" for a move to the Bernabeu by Real Madrid skipper Sergio Ramos.
- Real Madrid are keen to tempt Liverpool into selling their star defender Virgil van Dijk as his contract talks continue.
- Chelsea have opened talks with Italian full-back Emerson over a new contract. England winger Callum Hudson-Odoi is also close to finalising a new £180,000-a-week five-year contract.
- Chelsea will not discipline Danny Drinkwater amid allegations he was injured on a night out.
- Andy Carroll is set to miss a return to Liverpool as the Newcastle striker continues his recovery from ankle surgery.
- Juventus refused to sell winger Douglas Costa despite strong interest from Manchester United after Juve boss Maurizio Sarri blocked the Brazilian's transfer.
- Tottenham wanted to sign Roma midfielder Nicolo Zaniolo, 20, according to the player's agent before they signed Giovani lo Celso on loan instead.
- Manchester United are considering hosting a women's game at Old Trafford.
- Premier League clubs have helped kill off the European expansion plans that threatened to KO the League Cup.
- Jurgen Klopp told Philippe Coutinho to join Bayern Munich - despite it being bad news for his former club Borussia Dortmund.
- Arsenal could be in with a chance of signing long-term target Yannick Carrasco with reports suggesting Dalian Yifang are lining up a replacement.
- Chelsea boss Frank Lampard is facing a massive injury crisis as eight players could miss the Wolves clash following the international break.
- Chelsea have told leading agents they believe their transfer ban, which stopped them buying players in the summer, will be reduced, meaning they can buy players again in the January transfer window.
- Former Rangers player Giovanni van Bronckhorst has reportedly accepted a backroom role with Manchester City.
- Newcastle United midfielder Jonjo Shelvey has labelled some of the criticism directed at Steve Bruce and the club as "stupid and embarrassing". (Chronicle)
- Bundesliga side Paderborn could be willing to make a second attempt to sign Crystal Palace midfielder Jairo Riedewald in January after failing with a loan move in the summer. (Football.London)
- Defender Jesus Vallejo, who joined Wolves on loan in the summer transfer window, could be sold by parent club Real Madrid next summer. (Birmingham Mail)
- Manchester United will appoint former goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar as their new technical director, according to reports, with one bookmaker suspending betting on his arrival overnight. (Manchester Evening News)
- Juventus have joined Liverpool in the race to sign Turkish goalkeeper Ugurcan Cakir, according to reports in his home country. (Liverpool Echo)
- Sunderland expect a takeover of the club to be completed by the end of this week. (Newcastle Chronicle)
- Hull winger Jarrod Bowen has been linked with January moves to one of Premier League duo Newcastle and Southampton. (Hull Daily Mail)
Follow Sporting Life on social media - find us on Facebook here or tweet@SportingLifeFC
Related football links
- Latest Paper Talk
- QUIZ: Internationals
- Big guns leave top four door wide open
- Back to school: Championship grades
- Harry who? Meet Leicester's new star
- Owen & Shearer in social media spat
- Star man for surprising Swans
- Transfer Window: Done Deals
- Super 6: Enter NOW!
- Fantasy Football: Pick your team now!
- Football results
- Football tables