Transfer rumours and football gossip: Raheem Sterling, Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, Mason Mount
By Sporting Life
07:37 · WED October 20, 2021
Read the latest football gossip and transfer rumours from the national newspapers with Sporting Life's Paper Talk.
- Manchester City have placed a £67.5m price tag on Raheem Sterling as Barcelona prepare to make a move for the England winger.
- Manchester United stars reckon Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's future hinges on the next two games.
- Antonio Conte has reportedly rejected the chance to take over as Newcastle manager as he is holding out for the Manchester United role to become available.
- Newcastle are planning a shock swoop for Atletico Madrid boss Diego Simeone and also want the club's sporting director Andrea Berta.
- Manchester United are planning a January clear-out with Donny van de Beek and Anthony Martial at the top of the list of those players who could be on their way out of Old Trafford.
- Sergio Aguero might only spend a single season with Barcelona before finally linking up with his friend Lionel Messi at Paris Saint-Germain.
- Everton are said to be looking at Morecambe teenager Connor Pye, who has been touted as "the next Andy Robertson."
- Gonzalo Higuain is considering retiring at the end of the MLS season after a disappointing spell at David Beckham's Inter Miami.
- European Super League chiefs are planning a second launch with numerous changes to rules, including no permanent membership and two tiers with 20 clubs each, all based on domestic qualification.
- Cristiano Ronaldo has allegedly recommended Zinedine Zidane for the role of Manchester United manager as pressure on Ole Gunnar Solskjaer continues to grow.
- Steve Bruce has not discussed his Newcastle future with the club's new owners since the defeat by Tottenham on Sunday.
- Ian Rush predicts an English club will lift the Champions League trophy in May - but warned them not to underestimate their German rivals.
- The Premier League are taking legal advice about whether their temporary ban on clubs agreeing sponsorship deals with companies linked to their owners can be made permanent as the in-fighting caused by Newcastle's Saudi-funded takeover rages on.
- Real Madrid have re-ignited their interest in Sevilla defender Jules Kounde, adding to the competition for Premier League clubs who have long been linked with the France international.
- Manchester United are considering options for Amad Diallo and will make a decision on loaning him out before Christmas.
- Spartak Moscow say only 25 Leicester City fans will be in attendance for their Europa League clash on Wednesday.
- Liverpool have been told they will have to splash out £67m if they want to sign Lazio midfielder Sergej Milinkovic-Savic.
- Mason Mount reportedly wants a huge pay rise on his next Chelsea contract, towards the levels earned by Timo Werner and Kai Havertz, and he might also have to wait until the club secures Antonio Rudiger, Andreas Christensen and Trevoh Chalobah to new deals.
- A Saudi Arabian airline is favourite to become Newcastle's new sponsor after the favoured option of Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman's "Vision 2030" project was scuppered by Monday's Premier League vote.
- England have been hit with an unprecedented stadium ban as punishment for the crowd trouble at the European Championship final, forcing at least one game to be played behind closed doors and costing the Football Association up to £5m in lost revenue.
- Everton striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin has suffered a setback in his recovery from a thigh injury.
- Ryan Hedges says Aberdeen's players are not doing enough to ease the pressure on under-fire boss Stephen Glass and have to start showing what they are made of.
- Graeme Souness has warned Steven Gerrard not to touch the Newcastle job.
- Blackburn are convinced that Joe Rothwell is on the verge of agreeing a deal to leave the club for Rangers, according to reports.
- Derek Parlane has urged Steven Gerrard to stick by Alfredo Morelos after his Hearts horror show.