Paper talk: Football transfer news, rumours, reports & gossip
By Sporting Life
08:23 · SUN November 22, 2020
Man United and Arsenal could be set to battle it out for the signature of Christian Eriksen, according to Sunday's back pages.
THE SUN ON SUNDAY
- Everton supremo Marcel Brands is a leading candidate to become Manchester United's first director of football.
- Manchester United have joined Arsenal in the transfer chase for Christian Eriksen, according to reports.
- Raging Norwegian star Christian Gauseth punched an interview backdrop in fury after his Mjondalen side were denied a penalty in a 3-1 defeat.
- Real Madrid midfielder Isco is ready to leave the club in January, according to reports.
- Dean Henderson wants a loan transfer away from Manchester United in January to boost his Euro 2020 dream with Leeds and Brighton keen.
THE MAIL ON SUNDAY
- Football's lawmakers will this week face huge pressure to end the handball madness that has plagued the Premier League this season.
- A new study of top-flight footballers playing in England in the 1965-66 season has found neurodegenerative diseases were a factor in 42 per cent of the deaths among that group so far.
- Manchester United's stand-off with 'keeper Sergio Romero is nearing a resolution.
- Gabriel Jesus is the latest Manchester City star in line for a bumper new contract.
- Manchester United risk losing Icelandic teenager Isak Bergmann Johannesson with Juventus stepping up their interest in the brilliant youngster.
- Manchester City will look to secure Raheem Sterling for the peak years of his career following Pep Guardiola's decision to commit himself to the club for a further two seasons.
- Chelsea striker Olivier Giroud has emerged as a January target for David Beckham's Inter Miami.
THE SUNDAY TELEGRAPH
- The Jeff Astle Foundation has urged football to immediately get behind new proposals to limit heading in training after hearing from about 30 new families of former professional players with dementia just this month.