Monday's Paper Talk has the latest football gossip, including Barcelona's desire to land Mauricio Pochettino as their new boss.
- Barcelona have made Mauricio Pochettino their top managerial target - despite the ex-Spurs boss vowing never to work for them.
- Joe Hart has suffered yet more transfer heartbreak after being snubbed for a move by AC Milan choosing Asmir Begovic instead.
- Arsenal are considering a loan move for AC Milan midfielder Hakan Calhanoglu.
- Arsenal are ready to loan Konstantinos Mavropanos to Bundesliga 2 strugglers Nurnberg despite an injury crisis in defence.
- Wolves are in pole position to beat Arsenal and Chelsea to the shock signing of Thomas Lemar.
- Manchester United are continuing their pursuit of Moussa Dembele after they reportedly sent scouts to watch the Lyon striker in action against Bordeaux.
- Crystal Palace and Italian side Lazio have joined the race to sign Manchester United full-back Ashley Young, with the English player also having been offered an 18-month contract by Inter Milan.
- Christian Eriksen looks set to leave Tottenham after agreeing a four-and-a-half-year deal with Inter Milan.
- Celtic winger Lewis Morgan has agreed personal terms to join Inter Miami.
- Frank Lampard has made his first signing as Chelsea manager after bringing in 16-year-old Norwegian wonderkid Bryan Fiabema.
- Manchester United are reportedly prepared to offer two players to Sporting Lisbon including Marcos Rojo to secure the services of playmaker Bruno Fernandes.
- Liverpool are preparing to make a £90m transfer move for Barcelona forward Ousmane Dembele.
- Inter Milan are trying to put Matias Vecino into a player-plus-cash deal for Christian Eriksen.
- Manchester United will make a £65m bid for Sporting Lisbon and Portugal midfielder Bruno Fernandes after a deal offering players-plus-cash was rejected.
- Manchester United are one of two clubs to have made a formal approach for Birmingham City and England Under-17 midfielder Jude Bellingham
- Chelsea have made an enquiry about Brighton centre-back Lewis Dunk, with the Seagulls valuing the England defender at £50m.
- Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola is plotting a transfer deal for Aston Villa star Jack Grealish.
- Manchester United defender Ashley Young will only be allowed to leave the club if manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer can get all the business he wants done over the line.
- Nottingham Forest want to push forward with their attempt to land Glenn Murray this week, as the striker enters the final six months of his Brighton contract.
- Barcelona have been left in limbo after their former midfielder Xavi Hernández turned down an offer to take over as manager of the club.
- Hearts are set to make a dramatic last-gasp bid to hijack Matty Kennedy's move to Aberdeen.
- Newcastle have won the race to land Queen's Park star Reagan Thomson.
- Hearts will have to drop their wage demands if they want to shift Craig Wighton to Dundee.
- Motherwell have joined Hearts in the race to land Barnsley wideman Jordan Green on loan.
- West Ham will not pursue a January move for Marouane Fellaini. (London Evening Standard)
- Lee Bowyer's future should become clearer over the weekend when his agent and new Charlton chairman Matt Southall meet to thrash out talks about his contract. (London Evening Standard)
- Liverpool's new deal with Nike could in reality be worth as much as £100m a year to the club (Liverpool Echo)
- Sunderland are looking to send teenage striker Benji Kimpioka out on loan this month. (Newcastle Chronicle)
- Slaven Bilic has revealed that he is looking to add two players to his squad this month, as West Brom seek to intensify their promotion challenge. (Birmingham Mail)
- Graham Potter says he has no concerns about Brighton biding their time over Aaron Mooy's contract. (The Argus)
- Crystal Palace manager Roy Hodgson has said he is happy to let Bristol City target Connor Wickham leave the club. (Bristol Post)