Australia bowler Billy Stanlake will no longer join Yorkshire for this season's Vitality Blast, the county have announced
Yorkshire director of cricket Martyn Moxon said that Cricket Australia "have decided on a different strategy" for the 23-year-old right-armer.
Stanlake, who suffered a fractured finger during this season's Indian Premier League, had been set to play for Yorkshire in the group stage of this year's Blast but could now play red-ball cricket in Australia.
Moxon said: "Cricket Australia got in touch on Friday and have decided on a different strategy for Billy Stanlake.
"Now the new Australia coach is in place, they want him to play some different cricket to T20 during the period he was due to be with us.
"Consequently, they've pulled him out of our deal, which is obviously very disappointing for us. We're not the only county, it would appear, who has been affected by this.
"We'll assess the situation as to whether we go for a replacement or not. We may choose to stick with our own players."