Gabrial's Kaka can claim Cup
Ian Ogg provides a quickfire 10-year stats guide to all of the races on the second day of Royal Ascot.
- Related Content
- Seven winners have been priced between 9/2 and 8/1 but only one favourite has won.
- Only two runners have successfully carried a penalty.
- Seven winners finished either first or second on their preceding start.
Selection: Redbrook Alternative: Aeolus
- Six winners were returned at single figure SPs (including three favourites) but three were 20/1 or bigger.
- Of the four unbeaten winners, three had raced twice and the other only once.
- Seven winners had made their racecourse debut in March or April.
Selection: Tiggy Wiggy Alternative: Newsletter
- Five favourites have won with no winner priced longer than 17/2.
- Four-year-olds have won five renewals and five-year-olds four. The other winner was six.
- Nine winners had already won a Group One, the exception finished second on his preceding start.
Selection: Treve Alternative: Magician
- No winner has been priced at longer than 14/1 but only one favourite has won.
- Sir Michael Stoute (3) and John Gosden (2) have won half of the renewals.
- Only one winner has managed to defy a penalty.
Selection: Integral Alternative: Esoterique
- Seven winners have been returned at 16/1 or shorter, including one favourite.
- All of the winners had won in a field of at least 11 runners.
- Eight winners had had between seven and 16 career starts.
Selection: Gabrial's Kaka Alternative: Red Avenger
- Only three winners have carried above 8-12.
- Nine winners were returned 11/1 or lower with three favourites successful.
- Eight winners finished in the first four on their preceding start; the two exceptions had run in Classics.
Selection: Psychometry Alternative: Crowley's Law