Cheltenham Festival stats: Day Two
Ian Ogg highlights some of the key statistics for all of the races on the second day of the Cheltenham Festival.
- Eight winners have returned at 17/2 or shorter with the last six 7/1 or shorter.
- Seven winners had run at least three times over hurdles.
- Horses aged five and six have won all of the renewals.
Selection: Faugheen Alternative: Red Sherlock
- Seven year olds have won eight renewals (others aged 5 & 8), including the last seven.
- Willie Mullins, Nicky Henderson and Paul Nicholls all have two wins apiece.
- All of the winners had their preceding start in the same calendar year.
Selection: Ballycasey Alternative: Don Cossack
- No winner has been rated higher than 148.
- Eight winners carried no more than 11st 2lbs.
- Six winners won their preceding start.
Selection: Waaheb Alternative: Vendor
- Six winners contested the Tingle Creek Chase at Sandown.
- Seven winners had won or been placed a race at a previous Cheltenham Festival.
- No winner had race more than four times in the current season.
Selection: Baily Green Alternative: Captain Conan
- Horses trained in Ireland have won eight of the nine renewals.
- Winners have been aged between eight and 12 with five in double figures but the last three all younger.
- Two winners won off top-weight but no other has carried more than 10-13.
Selection: Star Neuville Alternative: Sizing Australia
- Seven of the nine winners were beaten on their first two starts over hurdles.
- Five winners were bred in France.
- Fillies have won four of the renewals.
Selection: Gerdago Alternative: Azza
- Six 5 year olds have won, three 6 y-os and a 4 y-o.
- Horses trained in Ireland have won eight renewals.
- Six winners had had at least two starts in bumpers.
Selection: Killultagh Vic Alternative: Shaneshill