We have a quick guide to some of the essential 10 year statistics for all of the races on the fourth day of the Cheltenham Festival.
Salsify: Could reclaim his title in the Foxhunters
JCB Triumph Hurdle
- All the winners had raced at around a mile and a half or beyond on the Flat.
- Seven winners didn't have their first run over hurdles until November at the earliest.
- Four of the last five winners had had just two previous starts over hurdles; the preceding five had all run at least three times.
Vincent O'Brien County Handicap Hurdle
- Nine winners have carried 11st 1lb or less.
- Five year olds have won half of the renewals with six y-os the only other age group to score more than once.
- Irish trained runners have won six renewals and Paul Nicholls three.
Albert Bartlett Novices' Hurdle
- Six and seven year olds have won all bar the first of the eight renewals.
- Seven winners have been returned at a SP of 9/1 or shorter.
- Five winners had previously won or been placed at Cheltenham.
Betfred Cheltenham Gold Cup
- All the winners had a Grade One win over fences to their name.
- All the winners were in the top three in the betting.
- Nine winners had a rating of at least 166.
CGA Foxhunter Chase Challenge Cup
- Nine winners had previously won a race under Rules.
- Eight winners have been aged between seven and 10.
- Seven winners won their preceding start.
Martin Pipe Conditional Jockeys' Handicap Hurdle
- Six year olds have won three of the four renewals; the other went to a five year old.
- Four of the five winners had run at least four times that season.
- All of the winners were rated between 133 and 139.
Johnny Henderson Grand Annual Chase Challenge Cup
- No winner has carried more than 10st 13lbs.
- Eight winners have been rated between 129 and 138.
- Six winners have had no more than seven chase starts.
Click here for completely free £10 bet with Sky Bet & £5 free every week