Wyck can light up Kempton
We analyse the last ten renewals of Saturday's Racing Plus Chase at Kempton Park and pick out the key statistics.
- Winners have been aged 7, 8 (five), 9, 10, 11 & 12.
- Winners have carried between 10-5 and 11-12 with eight between 11-0 and 11-12.
- Winners have been rated between 141 and 154 with six between 147 and 154.
- Winners have been priced between 4/1 and 11/1. Two favourites have been successful.
- Eight of the nine Kempton winners either raced prominently or 'in-touch' with the leaders.
- Eight winners had won a race during the current season.
- Seven winners had either won or been placed in a class one handicap.
The 2006 renewal was run at Sandown
The spectrum of winners' ages, weights and ratings is wide but this is a race that the market has got right more often than not with only two winners returned at double figure odds and their SPs were just 10/1 and 11s.
The last favourite to win was the Paul Nicholls-trained Gungadu in 2008 but the Master of Ditcheat hasn't enjoyed much luck since, saddling the four subsequent beaten favourites with one finishing third and the other three failing to complete.
That record aside, Rolling Star, obviously merits respect but there's also clearly plenty to recommend the nine year old Wyck Hill whose experience is commensurate with the quintet of eight year olds to have lifted this trophy.