Power can take the Stand
Ian Ogg provides a quickfire 10-year stats guide to all of the races on the opening day of Royal Ascot.
- Nine winners have been priced 15/2 or shorter but only two favourites have won.
- Richard Hannon Snr (2) and Aidan O'Brien (3) have won five of the last eight renewals.
- Seven four-year-olds have been successful and three five-year-olds.
Selection: Verrazano Alternative: Toronado
- Nine winners have been priced 8/1 or shorter with six favourites successful.
- Aidan O'Brien (3) and Richard Hannon Snr (2) have won five of the last seven renewals.
- All of the winners won their preceding race.
Selection: Capella Sansevero Alternative: Kool Kompany
- Six-year-olds have won four renewals with other winners aged three, four, five (2) and seven (2).
- Only two winners have been priced at longer than 8/1. Two favourites have won.
- Horses trained outside Great Britain have won seven renewals.
Selection: Sole Power Alternative: Shea Shea
- Seven favourites have won with no winner priced longer than 9/1.
- Eight winners finished no worse than third in a Group One as a juvenile with the exceptions unraced at that level.
- Eight winners finished in the first four on their preceding start with six winning.
Selection: Kingman Alternative: Night Of Thunder
- Seven winners have been saddled by handlers better known as National Hunt trainers, including the last four.
- The last five winners were 9/1 or shorter but four of the previous five were 20/1 or longer! No favourite has won.
- Four and five-year-olds have won eight renewals with the other winners aged seven and eight.
Selection: Suraj Alternative: Lieutenant Miller
- Six winners have returned at 12/1 or longer (including one at 100/1) & only one favourite has won.
- Half of the winners were beaten on their racecourse debut but only three were beaten on their preceding start.
- Six winners had had two starts and two had raced three times. The two winners to have run just once both won on debut.
Selection: Mubtaghaa Alternative: Mind Of Madness