We have a quick guide to some of the essential 10 year statistics for all of the races on the first day of the Cheltenham Festival.
Quevega: Hard to oppose statistically
William Hill Supreme Novices' Hurdle
- Only two favourites have been successful with the last eight all beaten.
- Only two winners started their racing careers on the Flat.
- Eight winners won their preceding start; the two exceptions finished second and third.
Racing Post Arkle Challenge Trophy Chase
- All the winners had a hurdles rating of at least 141.
- Seven year olds have won five renewals, five and six year olds two apiece and one eight year old winning.
- Seven winners had previously run at the Cheltenham Festival.
JLT Specialty Handicap Chase
- None of the winners have carried more than 11st 2lbs.
- JP McManus has owned the winner on three occasions.
- Eight winners finished in the first three on their preceding start; six won.
Stan James Champion Hurdle Challenge Trophy
- Nine winners had their preceding start in the same calendar year and the exception ran on Boxing Day.
- Three favourites have been successful and a further four made the frame.
- Winners have been aged between five and nine with 4 seven year olds, 2 six year olds and 2 eight year olds scoring.
Glenfarclas Handicap Chase
- Horses trained in Ireland have won seven of the eight renewals.
- Winners have been aged between eight and 12 with five in double figures.
- Only one winner has been returned at a SP of longer than 13/2.
OLBG Mares' Hurdle
- Quevega has won four of the five renewals.
- Eight of the 10 other placed horses were aged six.
Rewards4Racing Novices' Handicap Chase
- Six of the eight winners have been aged 6 (exceptions 5 and 8).
- All eight winners finished in the first two on their preceding start.
- Five winners were rated between 133 and 135.
Click here now for completely free £10 bet on Cheltenham