Uttoxeter clerk fearing the worst

  • Last Updated: January 23 2013, 14:55 GMT

Saturday's meeting at Uttoxeter is subject to a 10am inspection on Thursday.

Uttoxeter: Not looking good

Although there has been a slight thaw, two inches of snow remains on the track.

Heavy frosts have also been forecast heading into the weekend.

Clerk of the course Charlie Moore said: "We are going to give it one more night, but with minus 3C tonight and minus 8C to minus 12C on Thursday night it is possible the thaw that is forecast on Friday night/Saturday morning will not be enough for it to clear in time for us to race on Saturday.

"We also have to do what is necessary as we have been doing drainage work. I've kept off the course and we've got to put all the hurdles in.

"I think we will make the decision tomorrow. If we were looking at Sunday it would be a different kettle of fish.

"We have not given up but we are not getting much help from nature."


Click here for completely free £10 bet with Sky Bet & £5 free every week