Chepstow call Friday check
Friday's meeting at Chepstow will have to pass an 8am inspection if it is to go ahead.
- Related Content
Clerk of the course Keith Ottesen had planned to check conditions at midday on Thursday but has pushed back that inspection as the situation has improved.
However, snow is a possibility on Friday and Ottesen admits the card is still in the balance.
He said: "We have had a look this morning and decided to move the inspection because we have improved a lot in terms of frost.
"We are not far off being raceable today, we're just still a bit frozen in places but there has been plenty of improvement since yesterday.
"We have moved the inspection to tomorrow morning, but the threat of frost is not gone and we are forecast some snow.
"If the snow turns to sleet or rain, we can deal with some rain, but the meeting is still in the balance."