Wincanton remain hopeful

  • Last Updated: January 16 2013, 8:08 GMT

Officials at Wincanton are "hopeful" that Thursday's meeting will survive an 8.30am precautionary inspection.

Wincanton hope to beat the weather

Temperatures dipped to -3C in the West Country on Tuesday night and into Wednesday morning with a similar forecast this evening.

Clerk of the course Barry Johnson said: "It's down to -3C now but we've got the frost sheets down on the racing line and it's perfectly raceable.

"It's forecast to get to -3C tonight and if it does we should be OK.

"We'll have a look at 8.30am when it's properly light so we can see everything but I'm hopeful we'll be OK."


Click here for completely free £10 bet with Sky Bet & £5 free every week