Bradley can claim Classic glory
We analyse the last eight renewals of the Betfred Classic Chase at Warwick and pick out the key statistics.
- Winners have been aged between 7 and 12 with three 9 year olds successful.
- Winners have been weighted between 10-1 and 11-12; the last four have all carried above 10-9.
- Winners have been rated between 129 and 156 with six between 129 and 136.
- Winners have been priced between 9-2 and 25-1 with one favourite successful and a further three placed.
- Five winners finished in the first three on their preceding start.
- Seven winners had their preceding start no earlier than the 14th December with five running over Christmas.
- Six winners had raced no more than three times in the current season.
- All of the winners had won over three miles or beyond.
- Alan King (2) and Paul Nicholls (2) have trained four of the last five winners.
Hey Big Spender defied a quick return to the track after falling in the Welsh National 12 months ago and Universal Soldier will also be hoping to bounce back after a disappointing run in the Chepstow marathon but Charlie Longsdon has stronger claims with the progressive Peat The Feat and he will be hoping for better luck after hitting the crossbar with beaten favourites Strongbows Legend and Minella Boys in the last two seasons.
Noel Fehily's mount is much respected as he moves up through the grades but, with four of the winners having form in a class 1 handicap, it may be worth taking him on with Bradley who was unable to cope with the testing ground at Cheltenham but may find that conditions have dried up sufficiently to enable him to return to the level of form which saw him run Monbeg Dude close in November.