Fontwell call early check

  • Last Updated: December 10 2012, 14:01 GMT

Fontwell are confident of staging Tuesday's jumps meeting despite feeling it prudent to call a precautionary inspection at 8am.

Fontwell: Set to inspect

Clerk of the course Ed Arkell reports the course to be raceable and is anticipating no problems as long as the weather forecast is accurate.

"We are perfectly raceable at the moment. We didn't have any frost last night. The covers are all down and they should cope with the frost we are forecast," said Arkell.

"However, it is just better to be safe than sorry. It is precautionary.

"If we did get down to minus 4C or minus 5C then we would have problems, but we are not forecast that, more something like minus 2C to minus 3C. The covers should cope with that.

"They are saying it will be sunny in the morning, but there could be freezing fog about, which I don't think will get down as far as us.

"We will keep everything crossed we don't get it and it will help the situation as well. If the forecast is correct, we shouldn't have any problems."

The going was described on Monday afternoon as soft, heavy in places.


Click here for completely free £10 bet with Sky Bet & £5 free every week