Solemn stats for Solemia
We have all the relevant statistics from the last 10 years ahead of Sunday's Japan Cup at Tokyo racecourse.
- Of 30 top three finishers over the last 10 years, 26 were trained in Japan with the 49 international challengers achieving a top three strike rate of just 7.5%.
- The only country to have produced more than one top three finisher is the UK while France have sent a total of 14 runners but has never achieved a top three finish.
- All of the international trained horses with top three finishes had already tasted victory in a Group One race in the same year.
- Of 26 Japanese-trained horses finishing in the top three, 20 had already experienced wins in international or domestic Group One races. All bar one of the six exceptions had finished in the first three in such a race.
- Of 26 Japanese-trained horses finishing in the top three, 16 had most recently appeared in the "Tenno Sho (Autumn)" and five in the "Kikuka Sho (Japanese St.Leger)" although horses that finished worse than fifth in those contests have struggled.
- The only challenger achieving a top three finish in this race despite failing to win a previous race other than the Tenno Sho (Autumn) or the Kikuka Sho was Victoire Pisa who had finished seventh in the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe.
The statistics are courtesy of Masaya Ibuki's data analysis on www.japanracing.jp