Darley buy Reckless Abandon
Reckless Abandon has been sold to Darley, but will continue to race for trainer Clive Cox until the end of 2013.
- Related Content
Unbeaten in four starts to date, the son of Exchange Rate won the Norfolk Stakes at Royal Ascot in June before adding the Group Two Prix Robert Papin to his tally a month later.
Reckless Abandon then graduated to the highest level with victory in the Prix Morny last month and is due to run again in the Dubai Middle Park Stakes next month.
"We are delighted that Darley has purchased Reckless Abandon," Richard Brown, who brokered the deal for Blandford Bloodstock, told www.thoroughbreddailynews.com.
"He is a colt blessed with remarkable speed who has been brilliantly handled by Clive Cox.
"What he has achieved to date puts him right up there with the some of the best two-year-olds we've seen in recent years.
"He heads for the Group One Middle Park Stakes at Newmarket (on October 13) in great shape.
"He is currently Timeform's top-rated two-year-old in Europe and he will be a great addition to Darley's stallion roster when the time comes."
The colt was originally owned by Julie Deadman and Stephen Barrow after being purchased for just £24,000 at the Doncaster Sales last September.
Reckless Abandon has also been leased back to Deadman and Barrow until the end of 2013.
(reopens) Cox added: "I'm over the moon and have been delighted to be involved with Reckless from the start.
"I'm thrilled for the old owners and delighted for the new owners.
"It's even more pleasing I'll be training him from here on and I'm very grateful for that.
"This fellow has been pretty special from the start - he's the best horse I've been involved with.
"He's done really well so far and I'm so excited about his future.
"The plan is to keep his unbeaten record intact.
"He's an amazing horse you can only dream about," the Hungerford handler told Racing UK.