Jack is a likely lad
Ian Ogg provides a quickfire 10-year stats guide to all of the races on the fourth day of Royal Ascot.
- Related Content
- Seven winners have been priced at 15/2 or longer, the exceptions were all sent off as favourite.
- Seven winners had their preceding start at either Newmarket (3), Goodwood (2) or Sandown (2).
- Four maidens have won with two trained by Mick Channon and two by Jeremy Noseda.
Selection: Elite Gardens Alternative: Showcard
- Four-year-olds have won eight renewals with the other winners aged five and eight.
- Sir Michael Stoute (2) and John Gosden (2) have won four of the renewals.
- Eight winners have carried 9-2 or less.
Selection: Bold Sniper Alternative: Cafe Society
- Eight winners finished in the first three on their preceding start. The exceptions ran in the French Derby and Epsom Derby.
- Eight winners had finished in the first three in a recognised trial for the aforementioned Classics.
- No winner has been returned at longer than 9/1; three favourites have been successful.
Selection: Snow Sky Alternative: Western Hymn
- All of the winners had either won or been placed in a Group race.
- All of the winners had either won on their two-year-old debut or on their second attempt.
- Nine winners ran in either the 1000, Irish or French Guineas. Four finished either first or second with the remainder coming home in 5th (2), 6th, 11th & 12th.
Selection: Rizeena Alternative: J Wonder
- Five of the last six favourites have obliged and no winner has returned at longer than 7/1.
- Mark Johnston (4), Aidan O'Brien (3) and Sir Michael Stoute (2) have trained all bar one of the winners.
- Nine of the winners finished in the first three on their preceding start; the exception ran in the Derby.
Selection: Hartnell Alternative: Century
- The last eight winners have been priced between 12/1 and 33/1; no favourite has won.
- Only two winners have carried more than 9-0; both shouldered 9-8.
- Eight winners had finished in the first 3 on at least one of their three most recent starts (all had finished in the first 5). Only two had won a race with neither winning on the preceding outing.
Selection: Jack's Revenge Alternative: Sir Reginald