- Manchester United wanted Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger to replace Sir Alex Ferguson.
- Slaven Bilic admits Dimitri Payet is unhappy at West Ham - just like everybody else.
- MLS boss Don Barber wants Manchester United misfit Bastian Schweinsteiger to cross the pond.
- Simone Zaza has been compared to Dennis Bergkamp by West Ham boss Slaven Bilic.
- Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola could extend his three-year deal just three months into his reign.
- Philippe Coutinho tells Reds fans "Liverpool is my home" - and insists his best is yet to come.
- Jose Mourinho is to give Sir Alex Ferguson a bigger say at Manchester United under his reign.
- West Brom planning new Saido Berahino contract to hang onto their transfer-window stalwart long-term.
- Luis Suarez has become embroiled in a fresh controversy after appearing to shout obscenities at a linesman during Barcelona's recent win over Borussia Monchengladbach.
- FIFA have fined Slovakian defender Jan Durica just under £4,000 after he claimed that England's World Cup qualifying victory over his side was a fix by the referee.
- Claudio Ranieri is content for Jamie Vardy to carry on his unique pre-game routine of port, Red Bull and coffee - but told his striker the practice is purely superstitious.
- Santi Cazorla has confirmed he is yet to receive a new contract offer from Arsenal.
- Jose Mourinho's link with top Ukrainian agent Vadim Shablii prompts talk of Andriy Yarmolenko move to Old Trafford.
- Ezequiel Garay reveals he snubbed a move to Chelsea in order to join Spanish club Valencia.
- Jose Mourinho believes this month's demanding fixture list will serve as motivation to Manchester United and provide valuable insight into the quality of his squad.
- Former England boss Sam Allardyce is facing a ban from football with the FA ready to charge him with bringing the game into disrepute.