- Brazil's World Cup reputation was tarnished again last night after three football fans were left in a coma and several others were seriously injured in violent clashes at a local league game.
- Everton are moving ahead of West Ham in the race to sign £2million-rated Iceland striker Alfred Finnbogason from Heerenveen - and the Toffees could allow Nikica Jelavic to move on in January. Dundee United's teenage centre-back John Souttar remains a target for Roberto Martinez too.
- Derby boss Steve McClaren wants Crystal Palace's out-of-favour Norwegian left-back Jonathan Parr on loan.
- Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho is ready to buy Saint-Etienne's 19-year-old French centre-back Kurt Zouma in a £10million deal.
- Former West Ham and Chelsea midfielder Yossi Benayoun will this week join QPR on an 18-month deal.
- Jose Mourinho is set to condemn Chelsea's shot-shy strikers to the scrapheap.
- David Moyes says Manchester United's title slump won't make him panic buy in January.
- Jose Mourinho has written off Chelsea's chances of winning the Premier League.
- Jose Mourinho admitted that Chelsea's title challenge is being derailed by his goal-shy forwards after a damaging defeat away to Stoke City left them five points adrift at the top of the Barclays Premier League.
- Alan Pardew believes that his Newcastle United side could make a surprise push for a top-four finish this season.
- Jose Mourinho has ruled out any January signings even though he is losing patience with Chelsea's ineffective forwards.
- West Ham manager Sam Allardyce is facing a race against time to keep his job at Upton Park.
- Police have arrested six people in connection with a second investigation into spot-fixing in English football after a former Premier League defender allegedly told a reporter he had been involved in rigging matches in return for money.
- Roberto Martinez described Ross Barkley as "unique" and a "real English diamond" after the young Everton midfielder had starred in front of the England manager, Roy Hodgson, in his team's 1-1 Premier League draw at Arsenal yesterday.
- David Moyes, the Manchester United manager, has insisted he will not be panicked by a start to the Premier League season which threatens to send the club into freefall and see them miss out on a Champions League place for the first time since 1995.
- England's players will need jabs against rabies and yellow fever before they head into the Amazon jungle to play Italy at the World Cup next June.
- Roberto Martinez has warned Roy Hodgson next year's World Cup may come too soon for his uncut diamond Ross Barkley.
- Scouts from Everton and Liverpool watched Dundee United's 4-1 win over Hearts at Tannadice on Saturday. The Terrors trio of attacking midfielder Ryan Gauld, left-back Andrew Robertson and centre-back John Souttar were all being monitored.
- Former Manchester United boss Ron Atkinson claims that David Moyes is kidding himself if he thinks he has the luxury of a "transitional period".
- Xavi has told Celtic to stop selling their star players if they want to gain genuine Champions League credibility.
- Scotland star Ross McCormack won't be sold by Leeds United next month despite Premier League clubs hovering.