Clarets held by Bournemouth

  • Last Updated: February 15 2014, 17:32 GMT

A review of Saturday's action in the Sky Bet Championship as Burnley were held to a draw at Bournemouth.

Kieran Trippier of Burnley looks to get past Marc Pugh
Kieran Trippier of Burnley looks to get past Marc Pugh

Burnley failed to take full advantage of being the only side in the Sky Bet Championship's top seven to play on Saturday as they were held to a 1-1 draw at Bournemouth.

Position Player Score
1 Leicester 67
2 Burnley 60
3 QPR 56
4 Derby 55
5 N Forest 54
6 Reading 47
7 Brighton 46
8 Ipswich 45
9 Wigan 43
10 Blackburn 43
11 Leeds 42
12 Watford 41
13 Huddersfld 40
14 Middlesbro' 39
15 Bournemth 36
16 Blackpool 35
17 Sheff Wed 33
18 Birmingham 33
19 Bolton 30
20 Doncaster 30
21 Millwall 28
22 Charlton 24
23 Barnsley 23
24 Yeovil 21

The game went ahead after a morning pitch inspection but Sean Dyche's side could only move within seven points of leaders Leicester, with QPR four points adrift in third but with two games in hand.

Tokelo Rantie put Bournemouth ahead at a wet Goldsands Stadium as Eddie Howe looked to inflict defeat on his previous club, but substitute Keith Treacy levelled just six minutes after coming on.

Simon Francis came close to grabbing a winner for the hosts when he hit the crossbar late on, with the sides having to settle for a share of the spoils.

Nick Proschwitz scored a late equaliser for Barnsley as they picked up a point with a 2-2 draw away at local rivals Doncaster.

Proschwitz had opened the scoring from close range before James Coppinger scored either side of half time to put Doncaster in control.

But Proschwitz struck again in the 89th minute to level for the Tykes, who remain 23rd in the table.

Ian Holloway's Millwall side sit just above the drop zone but could only take a point from their home game against Bolton despite dominating the match.

Lukas Jutkiewicz headed Bolton in front after 15 minutes before Millwall came back into the game and created the best of the chances before equalising through Martyn Woolford with eight minutes left, shortly after Jutkiewicz had a penalty saved.

Troy Deeney's penalty was enough for Watford to record a win over Middlesbrough in a game which saw both sides end with 10 men.

Fernando Forestieri was felled by Ben Gibson just after half time, with Deeney making no mistake from the spot as the game burst into life.

On-loan QPR midfielder Samba Diakite was shown a straight red for a two-footed challenge on Dean Whitehead two minutes after the goal and Gibson was also dismissed after picking up a second yellow card shortly afterwards.

Huddersfield picked up a deserved win away at Birmingham at the expense of former boss Lee Clark.

Oliver Norwood opened the scoring after 10 minutes for the visitors before Adam Clayton thrashed home a second on the hour mark to put the Terriers in charge.

Birmingham scored a consolation in the last minute as Olly Lee volleyed home but the Blues are now 11 games without a win at St Andrews.

Ipswich and Blackpool played out a goalless draw at Portman Road with Mick McCarthy's Tractor Boys missing out on the opportunity to move into the play-off places.

New Sky Bet customers: Free matched bet up to £30