Three-game ban for Fellaini
Everton star Marouane Fellaini has been banned for three games after being hit with a single violent conduct charge by the FA.
- Related Content
The charge related to his much-publicised head-butt on Ryan Shawcross during Saturday's 1-1 Premier League draw at the Britannia Stadium.
Fellaini and Everton, as they had said they would immediately after the game, accepted the charge and the Belgian will now miss the club's next three matches.
Referee Mark Halsey confirmed in his report that neither he nor his assistant saw the head-but incident. After reviewing the video footage, the FA issued the charge.
However, Halsey did see two other incidents involving the two players which occurred during the game, neither of which he deemed to be violent conduct.
25. Marouane Fellaini
There had been speculation that Fellaini could be facing three charges and could therefore be banned for nine games.
However, that will not now happen and Fellaini will only miss the festive league games against West Ham (A), Wigan (H) and Chelsea (H).
Fellaini, who has scored eight goals for fifth-placed Everton this season, will be available again for the trip to Newcastle on January 2.
The FA's statement read: "The FA has charged Everton's Marouane Fellaini retrospectively with violent conduct following his side's game at Stoke City on Saturday 15 December, 2012.
"The charge is in relation to an incident in the 59th minute involving Fellaini and Stoke City's Ryan Shawcross, which was not seen by the match officials, but caught on video.
"The referee confirmed that he saw two further incidents in the 71st and 91st minutes, also involving Fellaini and Shawcross, neither of which he deemed to be violent conduct."
A report on Everton's website confirmed that the Merseyside club would accept the charge.
Fellaini issued a statement after the game apologising for his actions.
He said: "I apologise completely to Ryan Shawcross, my team mates and to our fans at the game.
"There was a lot of pushing and pulling going on inside the Stoke penalty area and I didn't feel I was getting any protection from the officials.
"Nevertheless I know I shouldn't have done what I did.
"I have also apologised to the manager and the staff. I have no excuses, I was disappointed with the way I was being treated and I lost my temper, which was unprofessional of me."
Gordon Taylor, chief executive of the Professional Footballers Association, gave credit Fellaini for his apology and to Moyes, who said he expected punishment.
Taylor said: "It is good to see the lad has apologised for his actions.
"It is disappointing, he has had a great season and obviously it is an aberration.
"It was refreshing to hear the manager accept what he did was wrong and for the player to apologise. He's prepared to accept what comes his way."