Miccoli eyes new Palermo deal
Palermo striker Fabrizio Miccoli is ready to consider signing a contract extension with the Sicilian club.
- Related Content
The 33-year-old had previously expressed his desire to wait until June, when his current deal expires, before making a decision on his future.
Reports in Italy suggested Rosanero director Pietro Lo Monaco had already offered the former Juventus striker a one-year extension.
But Miccoli told La Repubblica: "I've never talked figures with the club, nor about the length of the contract.
"The plan is to extend my deal, or so I've been told. Of course I want to talk and I'd really like to end my career here. I'm optimistic about what's going to happen."
Miccoli's performances, and those of Palermo, have improved since Gian Piero Gasperini replaced Giuseppe Sannino at the Renzo Barbera in September, and the club captain managed to notch his 100th Serie A goal in November.
"When Gasperini arrived, something changed," he added. "Now we know what we need to do and we're all on the same side. Even if the right results don't come sometimes."
Palermo host reigning champions Juventus on Sunday and Miccoli has fine memories of his time in Bianconeri colours, despite his limited appearance record for the club.
He said: "It was a great experience for me. I grew as both a player and as a man, playing alongside champions like Thuram, Nedved, Trezeguet and Del Piero.
"It is a time I remember with great pleasure."