Fantasy Football: Star selections
Jamie Carragher, Ed Chamberlin, Jeff Stelling and David Croft, last season's Fantasy Football Club league winner, bring you their Sky Sports Fantasy Football teams.
- Related Content
The time has come to start thinking about which players are going to deliver big points in this season's Sky Sports Fantasy Football game.
Sky Sports stars Jamie Carragher, Ed Chamberlin, Jeff Stelling and David Croft have submitted their sides, with Manchester City forward Stevan Jovetic, Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey and Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney proving particularly popular.
Sky Sports pundit Jamie Carragher has unsurprisingly gone for two Liverpool players, placing his faith in Steven Gerrard with the captain's armband. The Reds skipper was the third highest scoring player in the game last season with 222 points thanks to 13 goals and contributing 14 assists. The former England international has also gone for two youngsters from the team he supported as a boy, Everton, while Manchester City's Stevan Jovetic also gets the nod after impressing in pre-season. Wayne Rooney gets picked along with two members of Crystal Palace's backline, which was so solid under Tony Pulis last season.
- Goalkeeper - Allan McGregor, Hull, £4.5million
- Defenders - Winston Reid, West Ham, £5.8million - Brede Hangeland, Crystal Palace, £5.3million - John Stones, Everton, £5.3million
- Midfielders - Steven Gerrard, Liverpool, £8.2million - Ross Barkley, Everton, £7million - Gylfi Sigurdsson, Swansea, £6.4million - Fabian Delph, Aston Villa, £5.1million
- Strikers - Daniel Sturridge, Liverpool, £9.8million - Wayne Rooney, Manchester United, £9.4million - Stevan Jovetic, Manchester City, £7.9million
Monday Night Football host Ed Chamberlin has splashed a significant portion of his £100m budget on his frontline, with Wayne Rooney and Diego Costa joined by Stevan Jovetic in a three-pronged attack. He balances the books with bargain picks Allan McGregor and Paul McShane from Hull City and Southampton youngster Harrison Reed, who is expected to be handed an important first-team role this season. Aaron Ramsey gets the nod along with Kevin Mirallas and Swansea's summer signing Gylfi Sigurdsson, who netted seven times in 17 starts during his previous stint at the Liberty Stadium.
- Goalkeeper - Julian Speroni, Crystal Palace, £4.8million
- Defenders - Gary Cahill, Chelsea, £7.5million - Geoff Cameron, Stoke, £5.8million - Paul McShane, Hull, £4.2million
- Midfielders - Aaron Ramsey, Arsenal, £8.6million - Kevin Mirallas, Everton, £7.1million - Gylfi Sigurdsson, Swansea, £6.4million - Harrison Reed, Southampton, £3.8million
- Strikers - Diego Costa, Chelsea, £9.5million - Wayne Rooney, Manchester United, £9.4million - Stevan Jovetic, Manchester City, £7.9million
Soccer Saturday host Jeff Stelling has gone for Everton youngsters and is also expecting Wayne Ramsey and Raheem Sterling to maintain their fine form from last season. There are a few summer signings in the mix, with Diego Costa getting the nod despite his hefty price tag, while Rio Ferdinand and Steve Sidwell are also included, having joined QPR and Stoke respectively. Wilfried Bony netted 17 times in his debut Premier League campaign for Swansea and Jeff expects the goals to keep coming, while Samir Nasri is also included after collecting eight assists and seven goals in helping Manchester City to the Premier League title.
- Goalkeeper - Tim Krul, Newcastle, £4.9million
- Defenders - James Collins, West Ham, £5.5million - John Stones, Everton, £5.3million - Rio Ferdinand, QPR, £5.2million
- Midfielders - Aaron Ramsey, Arsenal, £8.6million - Samir Nasri, Manchester City, £7.8million - Raheem Sterling, Liverpool, £7.8million - Ross Barkley, Everton, £7million - Steve Sidwell, Stoke, £5million
- Strikers - Diego Costa, Chelsea, £9.5million - Wilfried Bony, Swansea, £8.2million
Sky Sports F1 host David Croft – the reigning Fantasy Football Club league champion - has splashed a big chunk of his budget on consistent performers Yaya Toure and Wayne Rooney, while balancing the books with one of the game's cheaper strikers in West Ham's summer signing Enner Valencia. He's also expecting the Hammers' defence to do the business with goalkeeper Adrian and centre-back Winston Reid included. Two of last year's revelations, Aaron Ramsey and Raheem Sterling, also get the nod despite their significantly increased price tags.
- Goalkeeper - Adrian, West Ham, £4.4million
- Defenders - Dejan Lovren, Liverpool, £6.3million - Curtis Davies, Hull, £6million - Winston Reid, West Ham, £5.8million
- Midfielders - Yaya Toure, Manchester City, £9million - Aaron Ramsey, Arsenal, £8.6million - Raheem Sterling, Liverpool, £7.8million - Charlie Adam, Stoke, £5.3million - Darren Fletcher, Manchester United, £4.8million
- Strikers - Wayne Rooney, Manchester United, £9.4million - Enner Valencia, West Ham, £7.3million
You can enter the Sporting Life League to join in the fun.
The boss finishing in second at the end of the campaign will get a £100 free bet, third receives a £75 free bet, fourth walks away with a £50 free bet and fifth takes home a £25 free bet.
Take your place in the Sporting Life League by selecting your team and clicking on the join a league button with the pin 8036714!