Atletico keen to keep star men

  • By: Lucas Brown
  • Last Updated: May 30 2014, 11:49 BST

Filipe Luis' agent says Chelsea will struggle to prise the defender from Atletico Madrid in this summer's transfer window.

Filipe Luis: Linked with Chelsea move
Filipe Luis: Linked with Chelsea move

Jose Mourinho is on the lookout for a new left-back following Ashley Cole's decision to leave Stamford Bridge at the end of his contract.

Reports have claimed that 28-year-old Luis is on Chelsea's wanted list, but having won the Primera Liga title and reached the Champions League final where they lost to Real Madrid, Atletico are keen to hang onto their star players.

Luis' representative Manuel Garcia Quilon told AS: "The interest is there but Atletico do not want to sell.

"It has been decided to retain a large part of the squad for next season. 

"We will see what happens with certain players, but the intention is to sell nobody."

  • Profiles

Brazilian Luis, who was linked with Manchester United in the January transfer window, joined Atletico from Deportivo La Coruna four years ago and is under contract until 2017.

The player himself is also happy to stay with Atletico, telling O Globo earlier this month: "I have a contract for three more years. My thought is to continue.

"We have to lift our heads high after the Champions League final defeat and think about the next goal."