Tuesday football paper talk
A look at the football gossip making the back pages in Tuesday's national newspapers.
Manchester City midfielder Jack Rodwell saw a return to former club Everton blocked on transfer deadline day, after Manuel Pellegrini failed to land Porto's Fernando as his replacement.
Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins insists Michael Laudrup is not facing the sack, despite six defeats in the Welsh club's last eight games.
Joe Kinnear last night left his post as Newcastle director of football.
Furious Massimo Cellino has warned Leeds' owners not to back out of their deal to sell the club to him.
Thibaut Courtois has warned Chelsea: Make me first-choice keeper next season - or I'm off.
Spurs will make a summer bid for Marseille midfielder Florian Thauvin after failing with a deadline-day swoop.
Cardiff are to pay Getafe £1million for 24-year-old defender Cala - even though he has never played for the La Liga side after buying himself out of his Seville contract.
Manchester United boss David Moyes says he has not frozen out 35-year-old defender Rio Ferdinand, despite playing him only once in the Premier League since September.
Newcastle have rejected interest in striker Papiss Cisse from Fenerbahce, on the day Turkey's winter transfer window closed.
Brian McDermott was back at his desk at Leeds United on Monday - but admitting he could be gone again by the weekend!
Wigan boss Uwe Rosler is snapping up Swedish centre-back Markus Holgersson for his promotion bid.
Julian Speroni expects to fend off competition from Crystal Palace new boy Wayne Hennessey and sign a new deal.
Russian side Zenit St Petersburg are preparing a bid to prise unsettled Arsenal defender Thomas Vermaelen away from Emirates Stadium.
Liverpool are set to reward England midfielder Jordan Henderson for his impressive form this season by opening discussions in the summer over a new contract.
Brazil midfielder Anderson, who left Manchester United for Italian side Fiorentina on loan last month, claims a number of his old colleagues do not want to play under David Moyes.
Fulham manager Rene Meulensteen says his job is not under threat from technical director Alan Curbishley
Aston Villa have started talks with boss Paul Lambert, 44, over a new deal.