Allardyce confirms Cole talks
West Ham United boss Sam Allardyce has confirmed that the Premier League club are in talks with striker Carlton Cole over an extended contract.
- Related Content
The 30-year-old, who was released in the summer before being re-signed by Allardyce earlier in October, has featured 12 times for the Hammers so far this season.
Cole's short-term deal at Upton Park is due to expire on January 13, but Allardyce says that he is now looking to increase the striker's stay.
"We've got that in mind and are talking about that as quickly as we possibly can because obviously it needs to be addressed," he told West Ham's official website.
"Carlton will be dealt with very shortly."
Meanwhile, another striker whose stay at West Ham has been increased is Ricardo Vaz Te, with the 27-year-old's contract being extended until 2015.
However, Allardyce confirmed that Croatian forward Mladen Petric has left the club due to injury problems after making just four appearances this campaign.
"Mladen Petric has been released on the fact that unfortunately, for whatever reason, he never recovered from his injury that he picked up, so that was another one who everybody seems to forget about who sadly wasn't able to make an impact for us," he said.