Tevez set to snub City deal

  • Last Updated: January 20 2013, 10:24 GMT

Carlos Tevez has revealed that he intends to head back to Argentina in 2014, rather than pen a new contract at Manchester City.

Carlos Tevez: Intends to finish his career back in Argentina

City had been hoping that Tevez would agree to extend his stay at the Etihad Stadium, with a troubled past put to one side during contract negotiations.

Tevez has, however, snubbed the offer of a new two-year contract.

He will see out his current deal, which has 18 months left to run, but admits that he will then look to head home and link up with Boca Juniors for a second time.

Tevez said: "I've got a year left on my contract at Manchester City and they want me to sign for two more seasons.

Carlos Tevez

10. Carlos Tevez

Title Number
Appearances 2 (0)
Goals 1
Assists 1
Yellows 0
Reds 0
*Current Season

"I would prefer to return home, but it is very difficult because City won't let me leave for nothing.

"I will stay in Europe for another two years and then go back.

"Boca's president always says the door is open for me to re-join them and I am dying to pull on their shirt once more. I want to end my career with them. It is my dream and the dream of my family as well.

"But I am under contract and have to be here in England."

Tevez has also revealed that he came closing to quitting the game last year during his now infamous spat with City boss Roberto Mancini - which led to him going AWOL.

He added: "I almost retired last year. I had lost the desire to play and spent time crying alone in my room.

"Bad things happened one after the other. I was knocked out of the Copa America with Argentina and I had my dispute with Roberto Mancini.

"I suffered psychologically. I did not want anything to do with football.

"I am much better now. I am winning people over because I began the new season well."


Click here for completely free £10 bet with Sky Bet & £5 free every week