No action against Moyes
Former Manchester United manager David Moyes is in the clear police said after he was investigated over an alleged bar-room bust-up.
- Related Content
The fiery Scot was spoken to by police after claims made by builder Josh Gillibrand, 23, that he had been attacked at a wine bar in Clitheroe, Lancs.
Officers were called to the upmarket Emporium bar in the rural market town following a report of the altercation on the evening of May 21.
It is understood Moyes, 51, had been socialising with his friend, Blackburn Rovers managing director Derek Shaw, a local businessman in the Ribble Valley.
Witnesses reported Moyes, who had been sacked by Manchester United the previous month, was abused by a group of drunken young men shortly before he entered the bar.
Mr Gillibrand, from nearby Dutton, denied that he or his friend were involved in the abuse but told The Sun he "felt like I was going to die", as trouble allegedly flared.
Police said at the time there were, "a number of differing accounts" of what happened.
Lancashire Police has confirmed no further action will be taken against any party.
A spokesman said: "After careful consideration of all the circumstances in this case it has been decided that no further action will be taken against anyone.
"A thorough investigation has been carried out and everyone identified as having been involved in this incident or having witnessed it have provided accounts to the police.
"All these accounts were given voluntarily, it has not been necessary to arrest any person. These accounts have been considered and it has been decided that this is the most appropriate course of action."
Moyes was dismissed by Manchester United last April following a mediocre season after he replaced the retiring Sir Alex Ferguson.
He has formerly managed Everton and Preston North End, and played as a centre half for a number of clubs including Celtic.