Fiorentina set Cuadrado price

  • Last Updated: July 30 2014, 16:10 BST

Fiorentina have told Manchester United and Barcelona that they will listen to offers of £40million for Colombia winger Juan Cuadrado.

Juan Cuadrado: Fiorentina won't let winger leave cheaply
Juan Cuadrado: Fiorentina won't let winger leave cheaply

The 26-year-old has been heavily linked with a big-money move away from Serie A since his impressive showing at the World Cup, with Barca and United most strongly credited with an interest.

Reports in Spain earlier this week claimed that Barca were looking to the player to pressure Fiorentina into allowing him to leave, in a similar manner to how Jeremy Mathieu forced a move from Valencia to the Nou Camp earlier this month. 

Fiorentina, though, have made clear the figure they want before they consider allowing Cuadrado to leave.

Sporting director Daniele Prade told Sky Sport 24: "If we received an offer of 50 million euros (£40million), we would sit down and talk. But we haven’t received that offer.

"We hope Cuadrado stays with us. There are no formal offers and we are in constant contact with the player and his agent. On August 4 or 5 he has to be back, and then we will talk.”

But Barcelona's chances of signing Cuadrado have been dealt a blow, with the player's agent revealing negotiations with the Catalan club have stalled.

Alessandro Lucci said he was no longer speaking with Barca, indicating that the Catalans have been put off by the player's price tag.

Lucci told Italian website Tuttomercatoweb: "I've been in direct contact with Barcelona and with other clubs. They showed interest but now there are no negotiations in place, not with Barcelona or any other clubs."

Lucci also denied that Barcelona were encouraging Cuadrado to force through a move by going on strike.

"Barcelona's directors are serious professionals and they never insisted he employed those types of strategies," he added.