Mitroglou silent on future

  • Last Updated: May 27 2014, 15:49 BST

Kostas Mitroglou has refused to be drawn on his future at Fulham following their relegation out of the Premier League.

Kostas Mitroglou: Restricted to just three appearances for Fulham so far
Kostas Mitroglou: Restricted to just three appearances for Fulham so far

The Greece international striker only moved to Craven Cottage in January, as Fulham battled unsuccessfully to stay in the top flight.

Mitroglou was unable to deliver, with injury issues restricting him to just three appearances.

He is hoping to fare considerably better at this summer's World Cup, with his focus having switched to events in Brazil.

The 26-year-old says that will remain the case for the foreseeable future, with there no plans on his part to discuss what will happen on his return to England.

He still has four years left to run on the contract he signed upon his arrival at Fulham, but it remains to be seen whether a second tier outfit can afford the luxury of a £12million striker.

Mitroglou said in the Evening Standard when pressed on where he sees himself in 2014/15: "I do not want to talk about next season.

"I prefer to stay committed to the national team and the big summer ahead.

"It is a big honour to play in a World Cup and I want to be committed to this feast of football."