Inter confident of Vidic deal
Nemanja Vidic's summer move from Manchester United to Inter Milan could be confirmed soon, says president Erick Thohir.
- Related Content
Inter have been the hot favourites to secure the Serbia centre-back's signature at the end of the season ever since he announced he would be leaving Old Trafford at the end of the season.
Nerazzuri director Piero Ausilio confirmed the club's interest earlier this month and now Inter president Thohir has told the Italian media that a deal for the 32-year-old is close to being agreed.
"I can say that the deal is done at 90 per cent," Thohir told journalists who were awaiting him at Milan Malpensa airport on Thursday.
"When everything is sealed, we will make an announcement. Don't let me say something that is not concrete yet."
Thohir also spoke about Inter's current form, which has seen them rise to fifth in the Serie A table after victories over Sassuolo and Fiorentina.
"We have won twice in the last two games," he added. "The team is good because they are well balanced.
"With (Walter) Samuel, the defence is tighter. Before Hernanes' arrival, there was only one attacking option, but now we can attack also in the middle and not only on the wings."