Lazio: Hernanes not for sale

  • Last Updated: January 28 2014, 11:47 GMT

Lazio president Claudio Lotito has warned potential suitors that it would take an "indecent" offer to prise Hernanes away from the club.

Hernanes: Linked with move away from Lazio
Hernanes: Linked with move away from Lazio

The Brazilian playmaker has been linked with several clubs - including Barclays Premier League sides Manchester United, Arsenal and Liverpool, as well as Italian outfit Inter Milan - in the winter transfer market.

Lotito is aware of the transfer talk and has made it clear there is no intention on Lazio's part to let go of Hernanes unless it is for a tempting offer.

"Hernanes is not for sale," Lotito said to Rai Sport. "I have always said that if we received an indecent offer then we would evaluate it.

"So far, we have not received any offers."

Hernanes joined Lazio in the summer of 2010 from Sao Paulo and is under contract with the Biancoceleste until June 2015.

The 28-year-old has scored three goals in 17 league appearances for Lazio this season.


New Sky Bet customers: Free matched bet up to £30