Oscar says no to Spurs

  • Last Updated: July 6 2012, 13:35 BST

Internacional midfielder Oscar has ruled out the possibility of joining Tottenham.

Oscar: Focusing on Internacional

New Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas was believed to have identified the Brazil international as a replacement for Luka Modric, who is expected to leave for Real Madrid this summer.

The 20-year-old confirmed there had been contact from the north London club but says he has no interest in leaving his current club.

"Tottenham did contact my agent but I am focusing on Internacional," said the former Sao Paulo playmaker.

"That will always happen. I don't know if there was an official offer. But for those that are young and impress a bit, this is normal.

"I can't worry about this. I'm not thinking about leaving Internacional now."