OVER AND OUT!
OK that is it folks as far as tonight's Transfer Centre is concerned, however, fear not as we will be back again first thing tomorrow morning with more gossip and updates from across the globe...
POGBA'S AGENT PAID £24M
Paul Pogba's agent Mino Raiola was paid £24m for brokering the France star's world-record transfer from Juventus to Manchester United in the summer.
The Italian club's director general Giuseppe Marotta has confirmed the total of Raiola's payment from a transfer that fetched a world-record £94m fee.
Speaking at Juve's AGM on Tuesday, Marotta said: "We made around €95m. Mino Raiola, his representative, will be paid €27m (£24m). The profit on Pogba is around €72m (£64.5m)."
VERATTI 'WON'T MOVE' TO JUVE OR MILAN
PSG midfielder Marco Verratti will not be joining either Juventus or Milan, according to the player's agent.
“Is there any hope for Juve and Milan?” the Italian's representative Donato Di Campli told Premium Sport.
“Marco wants to win the Champions League in Paris, for now he absolutely won’t move."
CALDWELL LEAVES WIGAN
Wigan Athletic have parted company with manager Gary Caldwell, the Championship club has announced.
Here are the top 10 hottest whispers today, according to our friends at Football Whispers.
Football Whispers uses a unique algorithm to rank transfer rumours out of five based on the likelihood they’ll really happen.
So if you’re looking to see who your team’s next big signing might be, Football Whispers has it all.
GUARDIOLA: AGUERO IS SPECIAL
And here is the the Manchester City boss heaping praise on his "special player" Sergio Aguero ahead of Wednesday night's EFL Cup clash with rivals Manchester United...
GUARDIOLA HAPPY WITH AGUERO
Man City manager Pep Guardiola, speaking in his pre-match press conference ahead of Wednesday's EFL Cup fourth-round tie with Man Utd, has reiterated he is happy with striker Sergio Aguero.
The Argentina international has recently been linked with a move away from the Etihad after Guardiola opted to leave the player on the bench for last week's Champions League game at Barcelona.
PSG ALMOST SIGNED NEYMAR FOR £170M
Barcelona forward Neymar was on the verge of joining PSG last summer, only for the Ligue 1 champions to pull the plug on the deal at the very last minute.
The Brazil international had been about to sign for the Parisians in a deal worth a whopping £170m, with the player himself set to earn £22m in wages.
LEICESTER ON BARBOSA ALERT
Leicester City are monitoring developments at Inter Milan
following reports Gabriel Barbosa is unhappy at the club.
The Leicester Mercury cites Italian sources that claim Barbosa is
unhappy at a lack of playing time at the San Siro – he has played just 16
minutes of league football this season.
The Brazilian only moved to Inter in the summer, for a fee
in the region of £25m. Chelsea have also been mentioned as potential suitors
should he become available.
Wolves have confirmed Walter Zenga's contract has been terminated with immediate effect.
Stefano Cusin, assistant to Zenga, has also left the club.
The club statement reads: "Wolves will be conducting a thorough process to recruit a
new head coach and won’t be revealing any timescales associated with this
"Rob Edwards, first-team coach, has been placed in interim
charge of the first team, supported by Under 23s coach, Scott Sellars.
"The club would like to extend their thanks and best wishes
to Walter and Stefano for their contribution to Wolves during the season so
DOUBTS OVER MKHITARYAN
Manchester United were put off signing Henrikh Mkhitaryan
under Louis van Gaal due to concerns over his adaptability to the Premier
According to The Independent, Van Gaal and his coaching
staff had reservations about the former Borussia Dortmund playmaker’s
suitability, fearing a repeat of Shinji Kagawa’s difficulties at Old Trafford.
Mkhitaryan has struggled to adapt since
moving in the summer, and was left out of the recent squads that faced Fenerbahce and
To update you on the Wolves managerial situation - Sky sources understand Walter Zenga has been sacked.
The former Italy international only took charge of the Sky Bet Championship club in August, but a poor start to the campaign has them languishing in 18th place.
MAN UTD SCOUTING ‘NEXT RONALDO’
Manchester United are tracking Benfica teenager Goncalo
Guedes, according to Portuguese newspaper A Bola.
The 19-year-old – dubbed the ‘next Cristiano Ronaldo’ – has also
been linked with Chelsea and Arsenal.
But the latest reports in Portugal claim United scouts have
been watching the winger in action this week.
Walter Zenga has been sacked by Wolves after less than three months in charge, according to the Express & Star.
There's no official word from the club yet so we'll keep you updated as soon as we hear anything.
BAGGIES IN FOR TAYLOR
West Brom boss Tony Pulis is keen to sign Leeds United
defender Charlie Taylor in January, reports the Daily Telegraph.
The Baggies head coach will reportedly bid £4m for the
left-back, who has rejected a new deal at Elland Road.
HAMMERS WANT ICARDI
West Ham are considering a 30 million euros bid for Inter
Milan forward Mauro Icardi, according to Tuttomercatoweb.
Icardi recently extended his contract at the San Siro until
2021, but has fallen out with a section of the club’s supporters after insulting them in his autobiography.
WATCH: CISSE'S BIZARRE FINISH
Where's Papiss Cisse playing his football now, I hear you ask. Well, the Chinese Super League.
Watch the former Newcastle striker score one of the strangest goals you will see this season...
WHO SHOULD WIN THE BALLON D'OR?
Jamie Vardy? Cristiano Ronaldo? Lionel Messi? Who should win the 2016 Ballon d'Or?
The 30-man shortlist was announed by France Football yesterday, with Premier League players Riyad Mahrez and Dimitri Payet joining the likes of Ronaldo, Neymar and Messi in the running for the trophy.
But who do you think should take home the Ballon d'Or trophy in January 2017? Head here to cast your vote!
ZLATAN'S BIG MISSES
Summer signing Zlatan Ibrahimovic has escaped much of the criticism at Manchester United but the misses are now totting up.
The former PSG star has gone more than eight hours without a Premier League goal, his worst sequence without a league goal in a decade.
In fact, his only goal in his last eight games in all competitions came against Zorya Luhansk in the Europa League.
Get the full story on Ibrahimovic's struggles HERE
So if you’re looking to see who your team’s next big signing might be, Football Whispers has it all.
IGHALO LINKED TO NAPOLI
Napoli are keeping tabs on Watford striker Odion Ighalo,
according to Calciomercato in Italy.
The Serie A side are reportedly set to sell Manolo
Gabbiadini in January and want to sign Ighalo to strengthen their options for the
second half of the season.
Ighalo was the subject of a big-money bid from the Chinese
Super League last summer.
MARQUINHOS HAPPY IN PARIS
Marquinhos has played down speculation linking him with
Barcelona, insisting he’s happy at Paris Saint-Germain.
“An offer from Barcelona? PSG have always had great faith in
me,” he told Canal Football Club. “Towards the end of last season I started to
get more game time.
“Would I say no to Barcelona? I have no need to tell them
anything, because PSG will not sell me.
“Could I join the Catalans later? For now, I want to make my
life in Paris if everything continues like this. I am really good in Paris
EX-ARSENAL DUO TO CRAWLEY
Crawley Town could sign ex-Arsenal duo Conor Henderson and
Sanchez Watt this week to help cover injuries, according to the Crawley
“I know them (Henderson and Sanchez)," said head coach Dermot Drummy.
"They have come in
as they are without a club and I want to help them. If they are hungry to
perform there is no reason why I can’t do them a short-term contract, if it
suits both parties.
“If it suits, I could sign them on a seven-day (rolling
contract) on Tuesday."
MAN UTD EXODUS?
Jose Mourinho could be willing to sell a number of
first-team players when the January transfer window opens.
According to various reports in today's papers, Wayne Rooney, Morgan
Schneiderlin, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Matteo Darmian and Memphis Depay could
all be sold.
The Manchester Evening News notes Mourinho is currently working
with a squad of 23 outfield players – plus three goalkeepers – a much larger
number than he is used to.
SCOLARI EXTENDS DEAL
Former Chelsea boss Luiz Felipe Scolari has extended his
contract at Chinese Super League side Guangzhou Evergrande.
Scolari’s one-year extension with the Chinese champions
includes the option of a second year.
DE BRUYNE: I'VE ANSWERED JOSE
Kevin De Bruyne believes his form for Man City has answered
Jose Mourinho’s criticism that he was incapable of fighting for a first-team
De Bruyne made just two Premier League starts for Chelsea
before leaving for Wolfsburg, and his former Blues boss Mourinho questioned his
ability to compete for a starting spot.
“I couldn't say anything before as I wasn't playing,' De
Bruyne told the Daily Mail. “If he says something to the press they are going
to believe it because at that moment it was the only thing they had to listen
to — the only evidence there was.
“But I don't think I am like he said. I always want to play.
I have played hundreds of times in my career and I am only 25. So I think I
have answered it quite well."
PHELAN WANTS ANOTHER COACH
Hull City are looking to add at least one more coach to Mike
Phelan’s backroom team, according to the Hull Daily Mail.
The Tigers confirmed the appointment of former Blackburn and
West Ham assistant Neil McDonald as Phelan’s No 2 yesterday.
‘MANDANDA SIGNING OF THE SUMMER’
Crystal Palace chairman Steve Parish believes goalkeeper
Steve Mandanda is the “signing of the summer”.
Speaking to the Croydon Advertiser, Parish said: “He allows
us to play the way we are playing – he is a football goalkeeper.
“Maybe he wasn’t ready before and he was an icon at
Marseille, but we picked our moment and there was a lot of hard work that went
ARSENAL SCOUTING JUVE TALENT
Arsenal scouts are flying out to Italy shortly to watch Juventus talent Moise Kean, according to Calciomercato.
The 16-year-old midfielder, who was born in 2000, has been
tipped to make his Serie A debut against Sampdoria tomorrow.
Man City and Paris Saint-Germain have also been linked with
the Italy youth international.
AC Milan CEO Adriano Galliani insists talented 17-year-old
goalkeeper Gianluigi Donnarumma is not for sale.
The Italy international, who is tipped to replace Gianluigi
Buffon for the national team, has also been linked with a move to Buffon’s
But when asked whether Donnarumma could one day replace
Buffon in Turin, Galliani told Mediaset: “You must be joking. Donnarumma is a
“I hope and I’m convinced he will be a Milan player for many
years to come.
“I think he will be the heir to Buffon in the national team,
though Buffon is still a great goalkeeper.”
MAN CITY PLAN BERNAT MOVE
Pep Guardiola will turn to Bayern Munich defender Bernat in
a bid to improve his options at full-back, reports The Sun.
Bernat, who played under Guardiola at the Allianz Arena,
primarily plays left-back for the defending Bundesliga champions but faces stiff
competition in the shape of David Alaba.
Man City are reportedly preparing a £20m offer.
JUVE WANT OSCAR
Juventus are planning to test Chelsea's willingness to sell Oscar with a bid in the January transfer window, according to Calciomercato.
The Brazil international, who has made five Premier League starts so far this season, was linked with a move to the Serie A champions over the summer.
ODEMWINGIE ON HIS MOVE
Former West Brom and Stoke striker Peter Odemwingie on why he chose Rotherham...
Morgan Schneiderlin has been told he is free to look for a new club, according to The Sun.
The Man Utd midfielder is reportedly not part of Jose Mourinho's first-team plans at Old Trafford, having played just five minutes of Premier League football so far this season.
He only moved to United from Southampton one year ago in a £24m deal.
Here's a look at the major headlines making the back pages of today's national newspapers...
Full Paper Talk round-up HERE
Hello and welcome to another Tuesday at the Transfer Centre! We'll have all the latest transfer news and gossip through the day.
First up, a look at Paper Talk...
WENGER'S FUTURE STILL UNCLEAR
Shareholders at Arsenal's AGM meeting have revealed there were no detailed discussions about the future of boss Arsene Wenger...
DE BOER: WE NEED A WIN
Inter Milan head coach Frank de Boer is confident he has the owners' backing but knows he must reassure them with a midweek victory over Torino.
Speaking after Inter's 2-1 loss to Atalanta in Bergamo on Sunday, De Boer told inter.it: "Three defeats in a row is not good enough for a great club like Inter, but I've seen that the team can get a lot better.
"The only way to come through this is by working hard and speaking with the players to understand how we can change things.
"I feel the club's confidence in me but we need a win to turn things around. I want to see a confident team out there."
ARSENAL CAN RETAIN KEY DUO
Arsenal are no longer a selling club and are now in strong position to retain players such as Mesut Ozil and Alexis Sanchez, according to the club's CEO Ivan Gazidis.
Speaking at the Gunners' AGM today, Gazidis said the north club will "apply diligence and rigor in retaining current members of our squad."
JUVE TO SWITCH FOCUS TO PEPE
Juventus will turn their attentions to Real defender Pepe if they are unable to sign PSG centre-back Thiago Silva, according to reports in Tuttosport.
The Serie A champions have made the Parisians' Brazil international their number one priority for the January transfer window, but recognise it may be hard to lure him away from the Parc des Princes in the new year.
KLOPP: NO CONTACT WITH GERRARD
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp insists he hasn't spoken to Steven Gerrard about a possible return to Anfield.
WARBURTON: WE WON'T SPEND RECKLESSLY
Mark Warburton insists the financial gap between Rangers and rivals Celtic is important, but they must close it quicker than Graeme Souness' target of five years...
GAZIDIS: ARSENAL HAVE £50M TO SPEND ON SIGNINGS
CEO Ivan Gazidis, speaking at Arsenal's AGM today, has revealed the Gunners are no longer a selling club.
Gazidis admitted financial
restrictions had forced Arsenal to sell some of their biggest names in recent
years, but that increased revenues now allowed them to keep top names by paying
“market value” salaries.
Arsenal have narrowed the gap in recent
years in terms of total player salaries compared to the average of other major
In 2015/16, Arsenal received only
£2m from player sales, but Gazidis confirmed that £50m of cash reserves
currently being held in the property arm of the company is “fully available”
for new player signings.
REGIONAL PAPER TALK
Here is a quick roundup of some of the biggest stories making the back pages of this afternoon's regional papers...
Wes Atkinson has joined Gateshead on a one month loan deal from Notts County.
BOARD BACKS WENGER
Arsene Wenger can still "take Arsenal forward" and his future will be discussed "at an appropriate time", chairman Sir Chips Keswick says.
Wenger is inside the final year of his current deal and has repeatedly said he will not consider his future until the end of the season.
The Arsenal boss was given a standing ovation at the club's Annual General Meeting on Monday when he was presented with a portrait by majority shareholder Stan Kroenke to mark his 20 years in charge.
And when a question from the floor broached the subject of a new contract Keswick, quoted by the Daily Mirror, said: "We all recognise the fantastic contribution Arsene has made to club in the last 20 years.
"We are confident about his ability to take us forward. We will sit down and discuss the future at the appropriate time but our focus is on maintaining the current run and competing for trophies."
HULL APPOINT MCDONALD
Hull City have appointed Neil McDonald as assistant head coach to Mike Phelan.
McDonald, who assisted Sam Allardyce at Blackburn Rovers and West Ham, was most recently in charge at Blackpool but left the club following their relegation to League Two in May.
He will be in the dugout alongside Phelan for Hull's EFL Cup match against Bristol City tomorrow.
Canadian international striker Marcus Haber has signed for Dundee following a successful trial.
Haber was available on a free transfer following his release from Crewe.
JUVE BACK FOR OSCAR
Chelsea playmaker Oscar is once again under consideration by Juventus, according to Calciomercato.
The Serie A champions were linked with the Brazil international last summer but Oscar ultimately stayed at Stamford Bridge under new boss Antonio Conte, formerly of Juve.
But, having lost his regular place in the Chelsea midfield, fresh reports today claim he could be the subject of renewed interest ahead of the January window.